What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wolf got me motivated to take some pics

I'm going to Costa Rica in a couple weeks, and am relying on a friend to water the plants. So this may be the last time we ever see any of them. LOL!

OK, here's my N. ovata, which has a new basal that just made it's first pitcher in the first picture. In the next picture is the crazy vine it's making as well. You can see the pot on the back right of the rack, and the vine arching up, where it's about to hit the ceiling. There's only a leaf every foot, and it's speed suggests it's going to wrap around the room.
N-5.jpg

N-6.jpg

Here's a whole-plant pic of my N. spectabilis. It's slow but steady, adn has two new pitchers forming on the back side:
N-7.jpg

Here's some random foliage with N. spatulata x maxima and N. spectabilis x veitchii:
nepfoliage.jpg

Here's a happy N. singalana:
N-8.jpg

Here's N. truncata x aristolochioides, whiich hasn't grown great for me, but has a nice pitcher:
N-9.jpg

And finally, a little N. maxima x veitcii:
N-10.jpg

Capslock

Very nice Max! That N. truncata x aristolochioides looks nice for not growing well.

nice!

so uh...any of those gunna be a good size to propagate soon
smile_n_32.gif
?

very nice! you got some happy plants there.

Nice plants Caps.  I hope you trust the person who is going to water them.

Where are you going in Costa Rica?  I spent over two years down there...two/three weeks at a time.  Lots of good friends there.  Absolutely beautiful country.  Have you ever been up to Vulcan Arenal?  I understand it is belching fire pretty regurlarly now.

Oh god....Fantastic!

Man, Caps, you always have such lush plants.

That ovata is nuts. I can't beleive that it made such a vine with just one pitcher! Must be driving you crazy.

I really dig the pitcher on the left of the "random folliage" pic. Is that the spath x max or the spec x veitchii?

Lauderdale, here's a pic I took the first time I saw Arenal. This "eruption" made a boom that shook the windows.
This time we're just going to hang out on the beach in Tamarindo. Margaritas, sun, and surf.
smile.gif

Volcano_1_640x480.sized.jpg

schloaty, thanks! The ovata actually has big pitchers; the little one is just from a new basal shoot. The big vine is coming from the original rosette.

Capslock

great stuff Capslock!, I aspire to a great looking collection like that. Getting to see plants grown like that keeps me hooked lol.

-Chris

Hi Capslock:

Let's not forget that not all hybrids like cooler conditions.Whether it is a highland X lowland or any other combination.
Nice spectabilis, one of my favourites.

Gus

Beautiful, I love the collection. All of the plants look great, and your growing setup and leafy green sphagnum on almost all of the pots is textbook. I LOVE it! Youre in CA, right?

aww i see baby Hamata!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Sep. 21 2006,9:33)]Man, Caps, you always have such lush plants.

That ovata is nuts.  I can't beleive that it made such a vine with just one pitcher!  Must be driving you crazy.  

I really dig the pitcher on the left of the "random folliage" pic.  Is that the spath x max or the spec x veitchii?
spathulata x maxima. take a look at both of the leaves. the other has hairy leaves caracteristic of veitchii.
Alex

Back