What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
Ah the joy of technology.

After the abuse of BellSouth I killed the land line and my wife and I went to cell only.

Now I am getting a number of TXT messages from y-alerts@reply.yahoo.com

I have no clue why I keep getting these things other than I assume that my number was recycled and that these messages are actually supposed to be for some one else.

I have replied to these with things like "REMOVE" "STOP" CEASE" "QUIT" "CANCLE" etc and yet I keep getting them.

Does anyone know how I can get them to stop??

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ Oct. 03 2006,12:10)]I say get ahold of yahoo..
Yeah. Ummm... Just tell me where to find the customer service tab on their web site as I could not find it after 45 minutes

Yahoo Alerts Management

That's how you'd do it, normally. But it wont neccessarily be there. As you said, your number may just be recycled and you're getting someone else's thing. However, maybe you can find your answer somewhere on that page.

Good luck!

(maybe you can sign up for the same alert with your number and then cancel it; that might kill both instances of it.)

Est,

Found that (or maybe a similar) page and it did not help much. All "answers" given were that I need to log in to my account and make the necessary changes.

The trouble there being that I don't actually have a Yahoo account. Whoever had the number before me was the one with the Yahoo account. And I can not log into the old account and cancel it since the old account is for that other person. I am friggin catch 22'd on all sides. Might have to break down and change my number if this keeps up.

Have you tried calling the cell provider and see if they can alleviate the issue?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The trouble there being that I don't actually have a Yahoo account. Whoever had the number before me was the one with the Yahoo account. And I can not log into the old account and cancel it since the old account is for that other person. I am friggin catch 22'd on all sides. Might have to break down and change my number if this keeps up.

It's a long shot, but you could try making an account, signing up for the SAME message using your cell number, and then canceling it through them. I know that you don't have direct access to it because it's going on through someone else's account, but if you cancel it after setting it up in your own account, the cancelation you send in may kill both instances of it. Know what I mean?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]After the abuse of BellSouth I killed the land line and my wife and I went to cell only.

PS, that's why we went to voice over IP. No annoying phone company, and it's a lot cheaper, especially considering the long distance calls we make.

Do you have a mobile yahoo account? If not, I'd say sign up for one... using your phone number. That should cancel out any previous alerts... then just dont' set any up under your acct.

EDIT: You may be able to consider this a privacy issue... Yahoo's phone # for that is: (408) 349-5070

Or you could try Sending them a feedback message?

Josh,

Called the provider and their answer was that since it is not them doing that particular service they can not do anything about it.

Est and Andrew,

I'll give the "create and account" move a try but I am going to hang on to that number as well. Might call it regardless just on principle, it should not be so dang difficult to work this, it is almost like Yahoo enjoys screwing with people...

And Est, as for voice over IP, we don;t have net at the house so that option is out other wise we might have considered it.

Back