What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Search of a 1999 Sarracenia Offered by the ABG

Hello,
Does anyone have a Sarracenia purpurea ssp. venosa var. burkii forma luteola for trade? I had bought this plant from the Atlanta Botanical Gardens in 1999 but lost it during a move. It was offered from the ABG through the CP listserve. There is a photo of it in Donald E. Schnell’s book, Carnivorous Plants of the United States and Canada, page 139. Thanks.
Dave H.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sarracenia purpurea ssp. venosa var. burkii forma luteola
now thats a mouthful :D :-D

Dave,

You should probably try contacting ABG but I will warn you that odds are against them being able to assist at this time. Their plants took a bit of a hit a couple years back and they are having to stock back up. Still, it might be worth a try.

I contacted them several years ago and they vaguely remembered the plant offer. I even tried tracking down Madeline Groves who at that time worked at the ABG and sent out the offer on the CP listserve. I couldn't find her either.
Thanks for your reply.

If you find someone that has it let me know! On this side of the pond i think only Mike (King) has it and the size of his wishlist for this plant is depressing:-(

Marcel

I have had the luteola form for quite some time. It does not seem to divide its rhizome, at least not yet, and has failed to flower for me. When it flowers, I plan to self it, and spread some seed around. I have heard antho free plants do not self easily, but I will try anyway for the benefit of all terra forum members, and send a few to Great Britain as well.

Back