What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sleep paralysis

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
Eeek. I had SP last night and it was scary! I was trying to AP and then came-to and was totally paralyzed, then I starting "phasing" or slipping into my own head like a vortex. I was totally sober BTW. The scariness is what screwed me up because there's no REASON to be afraid.

I'm just happy because I was having a major block for some reason and I feel like posting because i'm so happy! Lol, You all prolly think I'm crazy and won't reply now lmao

I was listening to binaural sound, maybe that's why I came so close last night.

I'm just happy lol

:crazy:

there are forums on lucid dreaming that can help you with those problems if it persists. i am also learning how to lucid dream which is really cool. just search lucid dreaming on google.

Oh I'm already on Astralpulse.com

I used to frequent there but kind of stopped now i'm back on board. I'm doing lots of reality checks throughout the day, too.

Hope no one decides to post that what I (we) are doing is "evil" or "ungodly" or something.

How is harry potter or meditation evil? Lol, they aren't.

ANYWAYS I don't want this to turn into a religious debate lol. I was just happy :) Parents think i'm crazy lol

what does religion have to do with dreaming?

:devil:OMG your all going to hell for dreaming. You evil demons. :evil:

wow! are you sure that you were sober?

...you've been going to sites like Psipog, haven't you? I admit it had me intruiged but I gave up on it after a while. Just don't feel like putting enough effort into it. :p

I won't say that I think it's fake but it's probably not what everyone thinks it is.. like astro projecting.. I think those are just lucid dreams when you're still a little conscious. The one guy had his friend watch him and at one point when the guy was 'astro projecting' his friend left the room for a second and the 'astro projecting' guy said that his friend that was watching him had left the room which he couldn't have known if he was unconscious, BUT if he made a sound when his friend opened the door to leave he could've just dreamt to match the sound, I do that ALL the time.

Thank you for your kind remarks Dave :blush: Yes I'm sure.

Lol, I've never heard of Psipog and I've been doing this since... atleast the 8th grade. I just took a hiatus from it.

Real AP is... I don't think it's a lucid dream because everyone who does it says pretty much the same things happen lol. Metaphysical or biological, it's still totally cool.

I'm just kidding.

Yeah, I'm glad that I haven't had anything like that happen to me before.
The strangest thing that has really happened to me is whenever I get up really quick I get really light headed and dizzy( but it feels cool)

If JLAP can slip into his own head like a vortex while sober, the word sober has a different meaning to him.

Lmao omg that's funny lol

No seriously guys! It's all about the mind being awake while the body is asleep and it's like... biological processes and stuff lol. Or maybe it's metaphysical.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astral_projection

Edit: I was just in the bathroom and starting thinking, what would a therapist say if I told him there's a vortex in my head and I leave my body? LMAO! I started laughing UNCONTROLLABLY and my mom was like "TED! CLINT"S LAUGHING BY HIMSELF IN THE BATHROOM!" Lmao, They got so upset LMAO

Omg that's so funny lmao!

I've heard of sleep paralisis before. from what I've read it can be quite terrifying. Oh, by the way lucid dreaming is way cool. I have been lucid dreaming on a regular basis now for about six years. I learned it by accident. For people that don't know what lucid dreaming is I can explain it. It's basically when you have total controll over your actions in a dream; rather than the dream being like a movie that you watch it's like a video game that you play. Sometimes I have such good lucid dreams that I can actually see the back of my eyelids while asleep. I still have a problem with waking up shortly after I become lucid but I think I'm starting to get better at that.

I have never astrally projected before although I'am a strong believer

Plasma have you learned to fly in your dreams yet? it's really fun, I suggest you learn that next. A word of advise; the more you read or talk about lucid dreams, the more you will have them, that has always been true for me. You know how if you watch a horror movie you dream about it. Lucid dreams are the same. Think about them during the day and you will more likely to experience them at night.

I personally classify Lucid dreams as scientific rather than metaphysical. They never really seemed like a psychic phenomenon to me personally. (But they're an awesome way to kill time during the night)

-JLAP, thats like me while I'm watching family guy. when my dad hears me from upstairs he's convinced I'm doing something "evil" He's like "Gabe, are you watching approprite television"

Auctually I had SP once by accident and then I researched what happened to me. I was terrified lol. It was like a K-hole.

That's what got me started into AP :)

This afternoon I had a false awakening.. and I was lucid and was thinking and stuff, but I thought I was awake and just laying in bed. Lol, I came so close!

I've never really had a false awakening before...hey have you ever killed yourself in a dream. it's hilarious because everyone else in the dream thinks your crazy and then you just jump off a cliff and when you wake up your like, boy did I show them.

No.... When I can stay lucid I try to.. you know look for meaning in my life lol. Explore... Talk to people and ask questions like "Who are you" etc.

I kind of thing killing yourself is a waste of time. Auctually maybe the reason you did it in your dream is something that can mean something in real life. Maybe you want to "show someone" in real life.

Just a though :)

Once I had a false awakening.. then another false awakening inside my false awakening.. and then I woke up for real lol.

Oh, no, I'm not depressed or anything. I've only done that a couple of times, back when I was younger. I did it because I was curious and didn't know what to do since it was only my second lucid dream. The majority of my current LD's take place around my neighboorhood, usually at night. I usually fly around a little, walk inside a few houses and then I wake up. It get's really annoying because I barely have anytime to exoplore or talk to people. the dream just gets fuzzier and fuzzier. I've tried dream spinning and concentration on objects but that either interferes with my dream exploring or it doesn't work. If you have any tips I'd be willing to listen, because I really want to move past this stage.

Back