What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emergency - Flooding Rains, Tornadoes, Lighting, etc.

NeciFiX

Kung Fu Fighting!
I need your help,

I can't make this decision. I came home from school after being hoisted up in a dangerous room, I checked on my carnivores and none were knocked over but the soil thoroughly flooded as well as part of the house since my brother needed to eat a muffin and talk on the phone instead of closing all our windows.

My Sarras are on the deck, like the part where you put your arm, they haven't budged as winds aren't horrible, but, they are flooded, along with my Dionaea and other plants. My Ping that was INSIDE got some rain on it and it's dew is somewhat diluted. My Cephalotus' "humidity dome" has flown off, and the pitchers didn't close since humidity is 100%. It was astonishing.

Lightning is now crackling.

Should I bring them inside? None have budged, they are flooded though. I was outside for 45 seconds and I am soaked to the brim.

Please help. I don't know what I should do.

Sure if you want. I would.

The flooding shouldn't hurt the Sarracenia or Dionaea. I would take them off the deck railing and put them on the deck proper or bring them in to protect them from the wind. The Ping should be okay, just don't let it get or stay flooded.

Back