What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I hate my computer.

• Thread starter NeciFiX
  • Start date

NeciFiX

Kung Fu Fighting!
Stupid computer.

I needed to download Active X to view a video on the net. So I downloaded it from where they gave it to me. Bad mistake. It gave me something called "Spycrush" which was only half true to its name, it crushed, and it crushed my PC. My main profile "Sam" got annihilated, I had to destroy it, then I got something called "Spy Destroyer" or something, which found all this little stuff but kept lagging and would not do the job, but, it did tell me the file "Owner" which is locked has all my old stuff in it, and I can't even access the folder! Access Denied! Ugh!

I then downloaded Windows Defender to get rid of the 128 viruses I had. It got the job done. I <3 Windows Defender!

I fell asleep waiting for it to work (on my bed) and woke up with a Woodtick having a meal on my arm. He easily came off with a simple flick. I thought it was supposed to be hard. I wish I was more conscious to know knocking him on the ground wasn't a good idea since we would be walking through there, I wish I had burned him on my lamp or flushed him.

Now I need to set up another profile. If I can get into the folder "Owner" I should have most everything back.

You do not know how hard it is to get a profile to be made as the Computer Administrator when the main account which is the Computer Administrator, my main account, is corrupted and I can't get on. Maybe I could have gotten on if I had discovered Windows Defender earlier. Oh well.

Sorry, had to rant :).

Get a Mac :-))

... or Spybot Search & Destroy (if for some reason, you'd like to limit your support of the evil empire .... :hail: )
:-))

I have had loads of fun stuff just like you,
but I was trying to use MS Dos but could not
I had to pay this computer jerk guy since I did
not have he windows CD to erase everything,
he made me seam like an idiot because I used
more complicated termonolgy. He was such a lier
when I was there with my mom I wnated to grab my
laptop and get away from him. He siad that you Have
to erase everthing of of you pc because of viruses but he later
said he Cleaned it,what a morone!
Only If I had a 650 fps airsoft gun and him tied down :)

Problem number 4,963 with windows running users as root/admin by default.

Sorry to hear about your problems. Usually with these sorts of things there's an easy enough fix (though an ounce of prevention...) Chances are that there's still something left around. I've found that a tiny little program called Hijack this tends to find a lot of those things- if you download that and send me the log (which can look... rather extensive and somewhat daunting) I'll see if I can see anything out of the ordinary.

This is one of the major windows flaws that irks me to no end. Since you run as root/admin you have unlimited access. And since there to only a vesitgal form of a console left, there's no fixing it with commands, you need to work with an interface which has been crippled and appears to be having a tantrum.

I fell asleep waiting for it to work (on my bed) and woke up with a Woodtick having a meal on my arm. He easily came off with a simple flick. I thought it was supposed to be hard. I wish I was more conscious to know knocking him on the ground wasn't a good idea since we would be walking through there, I wish I had burned him on my lamp or flushed him.
Or fed it to a Venus Flytrap! Yummmmmmm!

I managed to have someone come through to my computer (using something called CrossLoop, Remote Assistance never works) and I managed to crack the file open in Safe mode and did some stuff. Huzzah huzzah.

Hi,

I feel your pain almost every day.

Keep up on the never-ending Windows patches which are released every Tuesday. The suggestion to use Spybot S&D is excellent. Make sure you update it and run it regularly. Anti-virus is a must. There are several very good ones available for free. When you run spybot and antivirus scans, it is best to put Windows in Safe-mode first. (F8) It makes it easier for the cleaners to do their jobs. And most important of all, Backups! Backups! Backups! (if possible)

Good Luck!

For virus prevention and whatnot I use nod 32, its amazing :)

Nod 32 notifies you of any mallware/spyware/adware /whatever -ware Before it even reaches your pc really. Spy bot search and destroy mostly has stuff to clean up afterwards. But nod just prevents it from entering + it's a light weight program.
With norton antivirus scans running (or even panda security scans) pc's can go slow. Nod scans without slowing it down like the others.

ah well things will turn out alright
~C

One of many reasons I ditched Windows 8 years ago. Never again.

I feel your pain but don't experience it anymore!

Tom

Back