What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th of july pictures

Happy 4th of July, but before their are A Million threads of 4th of July stuff Lets just have ONE thread. So post your 4ht of July pictures here, Ill have some coming up I took like 470 theirs bound to be some good ones :-))

I have to work tomorrow, so no pics from me. :-(

I just hope that I don't see any fireworks at work tomorrow. That would be very bad.

Last edited:
im off! ill get pics tomorrow :)

I just hope that I don't see any fireworks at work tomorrow. That would be very bad.

Just use the radioactive fish water to extinguish any flames!

xvart.

My house has new floors all of the wood dust from my dad's treo(a buffer on steriodes) you light a match the blow some saw dust on the flame walaa!
Your spitting fire! I had blue flame colourant but not anymore that would have been cool blue flames from sawdust!!! I also have some bad fireworks,
there has been so much work lately I wil be doing all kinds of hard work tommorow. I wish I could get my potato cannon working it is awsomely built yet it has a crappy igniter other than that I could be shooting spuds :(
I like hawaii fireworks 10% to 40% cheaper and there was small morters sold there :(
I'll try to find the camera and find a wifi hotspot.

Wow, that was QUICK.

Here are a bunch 8 of them, I wasnt used to the low light exposure, so allot of them were kinda wavy, then I got smart, mess with the exposure, and got a tripod. :poke:

712528640_95fd18b2e9.jpg

712528604_f4bb8256af.jpg

712498470_225f398ee6.jpg

712498432_441fb37477.jpg

712498366_59eec72ed3.jpg

712498348_1d58bdda40.jpg

712498338_6f155fe806.jpg

712498286_270b21886b.jpg

Okay I have not been to a real fireworks show in like 4 years before I got my glasses thus I could never really see the clearly (I have extramly bad vision) I am going to ask right now abut going to a show but with 5 kids it get sorta hard bu I am going to ask and help.

Wow, nep ak, those are some great pictures! Well done. I'm going to go on the roof of the residence hall I work in tomorrow night and watch the show that happens at the river about a block away. I've heard that you can see all the fireworks from the surrounding KC area from my area.

I'll try and remember to take some pictures!

xvart.

Nice job on the photos nep ak!

All I get is "auto focus!" . Meaning it's to dark for the auto focus to work on my digital camara. Must mean it's time to get a new camara. Maybe a 7 or 8 megapixel this time around :-D

BCK, i dont even know how I used any thing less than 5 before, now with this 10 megapixel I dont think I could ever go back!

Got my wife a 5 megapixel for Christmas and got my daughter a 7 megapixel for her birthday so my 3 megapixel is starting to look sorta puny in comparison :-(

Your pics put anything my camara does even in broad daylight to shame :blush: :headwall:

Nothing worse than "Picture" envy! :rolleyes:

Nep ak,what type camera do you have?

Jerry

what type camera do you have?

As much as this question gets asked around here there should be a heading in the leftside box underneath location that says: "camera:" lol.

Back on topic! We were under severe storm watch until 10:00 pm tonight and it rained all day. Alas, the clouds parted and the city was still able to have it's firework show!

xvart.

Well 10mp doesn't tell me anything.LOL

Jerry

"Safe and sane" fireworks are legal in my city, so instead of going to the fair grounds to see the big show, the people in the city buy fireworks from the stands that are all over the city. They set them off in the street in front of their homes, which is supposedly illegal because it's city property.:nono:

Anyway, I got up to 111F :censor: yesterday and I spent the entire day inside. People set off their "purchases" and didn’t stop until around midnight.

Sorry for getting off track with all the camera talk. :)

I took a few pics.

DSCN4453.jpg

DSCN4460.jpg

DSCN4470.jpg

DSCN4491.jpg

DSCN4493.jpg

DSCN4501.jpg

DSCN4506.jpg

DSCN4514.jpg

DSCN4519.jpg

The smudgy stuff in the background is all the smoke from previous fireworks.

-Ben

I haven't posted here because of the stupid cable company knocking out the cord, but, we actually can't afford to go see fireworks. Mom would spend gas and she needs it to go to work. So I very infrequently see fireworks. I spent 4 hours outside on the porch trying to see through the forest and saw 3 fireworks. :).

As much as this question gets asked around here there should be a heading in the leftside box underneath location that says: "camera:" lol.

My kingdom for forum-integrated EXIF data.

Well 10mp doesn't tell me anything.LOL

There was a topic a while back about cameras. Unless I'm mistaken, he's using a Cannon EOS 400D.

"Safe and sane" fireworks are legal in my city, so instead of going to the fair grounds to see the big show, the people in the city buy fireworks from the stands that are all over the city. They set them off in the street in front of their homes, which is supposedly illegal because it's city property.

Same thing here, I live a few minutes away from the beach so even though the fireworks are illegal here, EVERYBODY goes down to the beach and shoots them off. I'm lucky though because thc beach closes at 10:00, so on the 4th, the cops come and boot people off the beach (not something they normally do) so except for a few stragglers, most of the fireworks stop before 11:00 PM.

In fact, it's sort of cooler this way because when the cops come the finale starts as people go in to a frenzy to shoot off the last of their stock. Pretty freaking impressive how much some people are willing to spend on the fireworks.

Im using a Cannon EOS Digital Rebel XTi with a EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 lens on it. I tried it with my Telephoto lens, but it didn't get what I wanted in the picture.

Back