What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics of the Mystery Dew

bpullin

I drink to make others more interesting.
Just got the mystery dew today. The thing is HUGE. And you won't believe how green it is, even after being shipped. :0o: It was, and is, a thing of beauty. If it were up to me, everyone would have one. Maybe even a whole bunch of 'em. That is how truly awesome it is. I couldn't read the label all that well. Looks like it came from a source in New York, of all places. Mark and I thought that everyone would like to see this baby. I included a pic of it still wrapped, and then one after the unwrapping.

Here is the Before pic:

MysteryDew1.jpg

And the After:

40600027.jpg

One of the finest items in Nature.

I'm so glad that you like it.

In case there is somebody that don't know what this is about.

It's the "Mystery Dew" I sold in the NASC auction.

Droseraguy offered a free mystery dew with with one of his auctions so it gave me the idea to offer one up for bid.

I'll give hints to this mystery dew, but I will not give it's true ID until it is received by the winner. If you can ID this from the description then please don't post it and ruin it for everybody else.

The mystery dew's typical height is about 6 inches high. I have seen some as high as about 15 inches. The usual variety is all green. I have seen a black variety but I didn't really like it that much. Native to mountainous areas. This dew is very sticky. If you get it on your skin, your skin will remain sticky until you wash it off.

The mystery dew that you are bidding on is approximately 12 inches high and as big around as an orange.

This is a very typical dew. Not even remotely rare. Remember, this is for charity, so bid accordingly. If this auction gets above $15 I will throw in a location data D.capillaris. From the ditch beside my house.

I will pay for shipping if you make a $5 donation to NASC, paid with your auction payment. Otherwise shipping will be $5.

Enjoy your Mystery dew.

Hahahahahahaha thats funny.. Great gag Ozzy. :-))

Steve

That is hilarious! I was admiring the packaging and wondering what in the world could be in there shaped like that before scrolling down and saying "duh!"

Classic!

xvart.

It's funny, I went through this whole thought process when I opened the box. :crazy: I thought, Gee what a funny shape. Maybe it's a pot with a cup over it, like the old flytrap domes. Then I heard it sloshing a little, and thought that Mark sent some utrics we talked about in a phone call. Then I had a flash of brilliance and thought (and hoped) that it was a small bottle of the REAL mountain dew (moonshine). :rolleyes: When I removed the paper, I just laughed like an idiot. :jester: It was the perfect gag, and I took it hook, line and sinker. It was a work of art. I'm just glad this is my "liquid crack" addiction.

Bravo and kudos to Mark. It was for a great cause and was done very well.

Mark also sent a nice clump of D. capillaris and a leaf from a Caribbean Love plant. Makes a million plants from one leaf. Everyone is settling into their new home and should be recovered in a week or so.

Thanks Mark. Can't wait until next auction. :-D

WAY to go ozzy! You forgot about the Orange Red variations too!

That is hilarious! I was admiring the packaging and wondering what in the world could be in there shaped like that before scrolling down and saying "duh!"

Classic!

xvart.

Sometimes the obvious is so hard to see. LOL

Hey bpullin, don't forget to offer an offspring for next years auction.

Watch the cap be a big prize winner. :-))

I actually thought about that. LOL

HA HA HA !
I have yet to try mountain dew.............

Cute. Glad it went over well with you. I dont have that kind of humor and would have been rather annoyed.

Mark. MARK MARK MARK MARK hehe ozzy... so thats your name.

MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I knew it was going to be something weird when I saw the first pic! Ozzy you're a genius!

I dont have that kind of humor and would have been rather annoyed.

Of course I was worried about somebody like you winning and a big ugly scene happening. That's why I tried to include some extras. He got (for free) some sundews that nobody in the world has but me. D.capillaris from Holden Beach NC. The love leaf. and I tried to send him U.inflata from the green swamp, but he didn't want it.

I also put this disclaimer in the auction.

This is a very typical dew. Not even remotely rare. Remember, this is for charity, so bid accordingly.

I gave him some free stuff because I felt bad about him paying $15 for a Mt. dew.

Back