What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

seed tray

this is the tray i have set up
it consists of 1 part peat 1 part perlite 1 part vermiculite
its since been raised up closer to the light
the seeds are of N. Ventricosa Red x Black Peristome.

NepSeeds.jpg

Krist, i think you need to put a lid on it and place it under bright light. Nep seeds need high level of humidity 80-100%.

Jeff

and mist tem frequently. thets the only thing i did different this time around and i finally got seedlings!
Alex

just put some seram wrap over it even if your terraium is humid

lol i have you beat already
the terrarium is constantly from 80-95% humidity

and mist tem frequently. thets the only thing i did different this time around and i finally got seedlings!
Alex

How frequently did you mist them? I'm trying to get some N. Viking seeds to sprout. I sowed them a week ago, and haven't seen much change. I know they take time, but I constantly worry. I think I'll saran them just to make sure the humidity stays higher.

In my VERY limited experiance with Nep seed, saran+100% humidity+75*=mold. I'm keeping them very moist and misted,
but have removed the covering to allow ventilation. 10 days and still waiting......hoping!

Unless the seeds are in a windowsill or something where there is very low humidity (in the area of 20% or something), you really don't need to wrap or cover them unless you like mold/fungus. I frequently germinate seeds in low humidity and do well. If the media is wet, guess what...100% local humidity

Back