What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Desert hiking/Limestone cave pt. 2

Some of these pics are blurry because some extremely rude people kept bumping into me or my tripod. Some kid tripped on my tripod and totally ate it, and his dad just started laughing. That made my day ;D. I tried to sharpen some of the pics and they still look like garbage, but they're better than they were with the atrocious blur.

DSCN0064.jpg

One of my favorite pics:
DSCN0065.jpg

DSCN0069-1.jpg

I think this may have been inside a hole too:
DSCN0070-1.jpg

DSCN0072-1.jpg

DSCN0073-1.jpg

DSCN0074-1.jpg

Popcorn looking wall:
DSCN0075-1.jpg

This strange formation was just kind of "floating" out there:
DSCN0076-1.jpg

DSCN0078.jpg

Sorry for the blur :(
DSCN0086-1.jpg

DSCN0088-1.jpg

DSCN0089-1.jpg

This may have been in another one of those holes:
DSCN0093-1.jpg

DSCN0090-1.jpg

And lastly, my absolute fav:
DSCN0094-1.jpg

::licking first pic::

The snozberries taste like snozberries!!! ::lick lick lick::

Awesome pictures. I'm glad that kid who tripped on your tripod didn't get impaled by a stalagmite. I love caves. How deep did they go underground?

xvart.

I think the deepest we went was 250m. We wanted to do a $20 4 hour long tour (theres 3 diff ones I think), but they had all been sold out for weeks. I think I might call tomorrow and make reservations for the earliest possible for one of the good tours and go back soon. One of the tours requires repelling down 100m or so before you even start.

Now that would be awesome.
...unless the rope snapped, the person was impaled by a stalagmite in the upper thigh which contracted gangrene , but managed to survive by drinking bitter tasting water before dying a painful death due to starvation 2 weeks later.

Nice pictures. I would feel uneasy going into a cave/cavern. Anyone ever see The Descent?

was this the carlsbad caverns? i have been in a cave , giant freaky cricket, ****en scary

Yes it was Carlsbad Caverns. I don't know the name of the exact cave I went into, but it was the natural entrance of the self-guided tour.

Back