What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do I have a special Charles Clarke book?

I had purchased a copy of Nepenthes of Borneo, I figured I would recieve a new copy of the recent reprint

Well I was wrong, it arrived today... not only is it a "new" 1997 first edition it is also autographed by Mr. Clarke and personally numbered by him 676 of 750

now I have to admit, this is the first book of his I have owned.. is this as special as it would appear to be or were all numbered and signed?

TIA,
Av

Well maybe he only signed like 750 of them, so I would say its pretty special.

Yeah, mines from '97 but it's not signed/numbered - I'll trade ya! :-D

That is awesome. I have two signed CP books.

That is awesome. I have two signed CP books.
But one don't count. The author was under distress and was forced to sign it.

Last edited:
I'd love to get my hands on a copy of this book, but it's always so expensive when I find it online. Is it cheaper now that it has gone through a reprint?

nope! that the beauty of books. The price for the most part remains the same. lol :p Its worth it if you like some good scientific info on nepenthes....then it is a must buy copy. :) very very nice read.

I would rather buy a plant than a book most of what I know about cp's is from reading and then making my own conclusions and what others have told me on the forums, I don't believe everything I read/hear though.

My mind has been changed it is too expensive i will just rent it from the library :-D. Than i will have more money to buy Cp's

Back