What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who felt the earthquake?

• Thread starter Fryster
  • Start date

Fryster

--Freedom Czar--
Who felt the earthquake in the mid-west this morning??

I didn't. I was still sleeping.

I didn't either; but, at least according to the reports I'm on the outskirts of people that felt it. Except for those crazy yahoos that felt it in Florida!

xvart.

I heard about it on the radio this morning. I was quite surprised to hear there was one in that area.

We're waiting for a big one sometime soon here in California:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/04/15/2217263.htm?site=science&topic=latest

Scientists at the peak earthquake monitoring agency in the United States say there is a 99 per cent chance of a powerful quake hitting California within the next 30 years.
^Although this is not at all surprising. I hope my school doesn't come down like it did in '94. :0o:

I didn't feel a thing. The dog didn't wake us up either for what it's worth. We're about 60 miles south of chicago.

There was a earthquake?

I heard about that just 5 minutes ago.

I am located in metro Chicago and I most definitely did feel it. It woke me up out of a dead sleep and I could feel my condo shaking a bit. It was not too frightening of an experience, probably more unusual than anything.

My building is over a 100 years old, shaking is pretty common. I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. (I think there's a sink hole forming under it too.)

The most severe known earthquake in the continental US was the New Madrid earthquake of the early 1800s and that was just south of today's. It's named after New Madrid, MO and I think it made church bells ring in Charleston, SC.

I thought I felt it, but it turned out to be the jalapeño slices I put on my sandwich last night.

I didn't feel it. lol

We have had some earthquakes here...little ones. About two years ago I was sitting at my desk at work and the there was a rumble and building shook. For a second I thought it was a big truck driving by...then there was a second longer rumble and shaking. Then I knew. lol It was a 4.2 earthquake. There have been others but not as strong as that. It was kinda cool because it felt weird and nothing got damaged other than knocked around a bit.

I'm in Wisconsin, so, no.

Back