What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squirrel Aftermath...

Ok, so after, my Sarracenias are being attacked by squirrels now then, with minor damages. the first was the worst becuae it uprooted my S. flava, S. leucophylla, and my S. alata. I need help now. I think my S. leucophyllas are doing good now, My. S. flava is good, but my S. alata...it's being very bad with me. Today, I had a minor attack and it ate a pitcher from my S. rubra (the second time and now it only has one pitcher) and it once again uprooted my S. alata. I getting very angry now because wind keeps making it topple over because of its tallest pitcher. What can I do to keep the rhyzome and roots just stay stuck right in the pot and now move by winds?

Ps: I was also think of making a cage thing to keep them out...my back yard is like squirrel heaven...

put rat poison out or something.

Don't kill them for doing what they're supposed to do. Use cayenne pepper. It works every time for me. Dust your plants and media with it liberally.

Don't kill them for doing what they're supposed to do. Use cayenne pepper. It works every time for me. Dust your plants and media with it liberally.

Will it harm the plants in any way, though?

Chicken wire is another thought. Build a caged in area for your plants, or maybe try to cover the top of the pot with only a long, narrow opening in the middle for the plant's growth point.
~Joe

Nope. It won't hurt them.

I have like 10 bottles of cayenne in my cupboard I love cayenne!!!

Back