What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics from the bog

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
First some blooms:

leucophylla x umlauftiana

leucophyllaxumlauftiana050608blooms.jpg

leucophylla "purple lips"

leucophyllaPurpleLips050608bloom1.jpg

leucophylla "pale"

leucophyllaPale050608bloom1.jpg

flava var. rubricoropra x leucophylla

flavarubricorporaxleucophylla050608.jpg

The BOGUS Daniel Rudd

BOGUSRudd050608blooms2.jpg

'Reptilian Rose'

ReptilianRose050608bloom1.jpg

And now some pitchers (I do not know what the deal is, I have the orientation right in all my files and PhotoBucket but for some reason the forum keeps turning them on their side...)

'Black Widow'

BlackWidow0506082.jpg

catesbaei x oreophila

catesbaeixoreophila0506083.jpg

catesbaeixoreophila0506081.jpg

catesbaeixoreophila0506082.jpg

'Reptilian Rose'

ReptilianRose0506085.jpg

ReptilianRose0506082.jpg

ReptilianRose0506083.jpg

ReptilianRose0506084.jpg

Last edited:
Wow!

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

:0o:

Wow! Reptilian Rose is amazing!

The leucophylla x umlauftiana blooms are quite nice! :bigthumpup:

awesome... man what a diff altitude and a few hundred miles can make, mine are just now popping their heads up

very nice pyro, well done
Butch

Very nice plants. 'Reptilian Rose' is one of my favorites. Is that the one that smells like roses? I forgot if it was the flowers or the pitchers themselves that were scented.

Very nice plants. 'Reptilian Rose' is one of my favorites. Is that the one that smells like roses? I forgot if it was the flowers or the pitchers themselves that were scented.

Yes it is the one that smells of roses. And it is the pitchers (or more specifically their lids.) Actually stoped to smell them this morning (5:20 am) on the way out the door. Nice way to start the day LOL

Pyro- As you know the lids on 'RR' will deepen to a rich rose/pink. It is then that the fragrance is most pronounced. I'm finding the fragrance to almost turn itself on and off at different intervals of the day; could just be my conditions. In the cool, humid early am and early afternoon hours it is at its strongest.

Now...I need to make one that smells like Lilac!

Great pics, as usual, and super great growing. Don't Sarracenia ROCK??

Pyro- As you know the lids on 'RR' will deepen to a rich rose/pink. It is then that the fragrance is most pronounced.

Yes I do remember them pinking last year. Those pitchers have only been open 3 days so they have a while before the get full colour. But I really liked the heavy veins and thought it captured the "scaled" look well so I just had to snap the shots :)

Great pics, as usual, and super great growing. Don't Sarracenia ROCK??

YES THEY DO :-D!!! So much so I am spending a little too much time admiring the bog when I ought to be writing LOL

Thanks for the compliments :)

Admire away my friend...admire away! I simply MUST be amongst my plants each morning before I go to work. It's my "meditaion period" that energizes me. I'm glad they're seasonal. It gives me so much to look forward to, especially during winter. I look most forward to "what are they going to look like THIS year"!

I need to get someone over here with a camera!!!

Admire away my friend...admire away!

Actually, there in is a problem. I have 24 days to write 500 pages, edit them, submit them and defend. Not really a lot of side time left over LOL.

I need to get someone over here with a camera!!!

Now we know what to get you for a birthday present :) Now I just need to check your profile to see when your birthday it LOL

What's a DEMACRAT??

Great photos by the way.

Phenomenal, Pyro. Thanks for sharing. I agree with Phil about the meditation period. It really does bring a relaxing pleasure being amongst my plants; although I don't have a Sarracenia bog, at night I dream of what you describe!

What's a DEMACRAT??

LOL. I've been thinking that everytime I read that signature...

xvart.

Woooo~ Nice shot! Nice plants!
Thanks for sharing. Excellent!!:0o:

Yes I do remember them pinking last year. Those pitchers have only been open 3 days so they have a while before the get full colour. But I really liked the heavy veins and thought it captured the "scaled" look well so I just had to snap the shots :)
Please post pictures once they color up. :)

BTW, is that the CAAT Box eukaryotic consensus sequence in your sig?

Please post pictures once they color up. :)

Will do. :)

BTW, is that the CAAT Box eukaryotic consensus sequence in your sig?

I was wondering how long it would take someone to ask about that LOL. But no, it is not the CAAT box.

It is DNA sequence but something else entirely. Wonder if anyone can figure it out...

Back