What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

near as i can figure he must be a freaking idiot

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
first there was the comment that he had been to all 57 states with one to go but he hadnt been to Alaska or Hawaii yet.......than he was complaining all our Arabic translators are in Iraq instead of Afghanistan where they need to be, when Persian dialects, not Arabic ones are spoken there, so there is no need for Arabic translators, atleast very minimal.......now he is claiming his uncle was one with the American brigade that liberated Auschwitz in WWII.....any half assed student of history knows the Soviet Red Army liberated Auschwitz...the Americans never set foot near there during the war......

how in the hell can ppl be voting for this guy? he is blowing smoke so damn bad you can see it from miles away

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/05/26/politics/fromtheroad/entry4127479.shtml

Word to yo mamma, Vote Obama! :banana2:

McCain all the way. At least he doesn't "misspeak" about being shot at in Bosnia and isn't friends with racist pastors and he doesn't have a wife who is JUST NOW starting to be proud of her country. :thumbdown:

actually i cant stand McCain either...........drives me nuts though that those that defend Obama that he just misspoke are the first ones to jump on Bush's screw-ups......in all honesty....this t-shirt sums up my views for this coming election:
3227434.jpg

THAT is a good one Rattler....

I'd like to get a bumper sticker of that.

I actually don't know why Obama is doing so well. I really did not see this coming... No one even heard of him until now, he's young and inexperienced, plus the whole reverend fiasco... I'm really surprised.

He was losing until Oprah endorsed him. Now, I'm not saying that Oprah is actually the antichrist and that Obama sold his soul.... I'm just saying... well I guess I am saying Oprah is the antichrist and he sold his soul. the point I'm trying to make is that he's too skinny. He's like a big pair of ears on a toothpick.

McCain all the way. At least he doesn't "misspeak" about being shot at in Bosnia and isn't friends with racist pastors and he doesn't have a wife who is JUST NOW starting to be proud of her country. :thumbdown:

Hate to bet the bearer of bad news, Trapper, but McCain's "pastor problems" are far worse. McCain sought out and received the endorsement of Hagee and Parsley, both of whom said and believe far worse things than Obama's EX-pastor. In the last couple weeks, McCain has been forced to expel both of them from his campaign.

All of this Obama stuff is trivial - in making hundreds of speeches, people slip up. McCain has too, repeatedly confusing Shia and Sunni in Iraq, and mistakenly alleging al-Qaeda/Iran ties when there are none. So has Clinton with her RFK comments, among others. This happens.

The fact is, we're entering the season of the politics of personal destruction. Opposition researchers are drumming up any trivial things they can to make the other guy look bad. The result it we end up talking about all kinds of crap that doesn't have anything to do with the fact that people are struggling, we're at war, and there are significant, REAL issues to be dealt with.

Capslock

I actually don't know why Obama is doing so well. I really did not see this coming
I don't think anyone did. Especially not Hillary Clinton.
Honestly I don't think Obama's winning because of Oprah hehe. It did help a LOT in South Carolina though.
BTW Nice new name JLAP, I mean Clint.
Capslock--I applaud you for your cry for common sense.:clap:

Oh my, really? I thought Hagee gave him his endorsement, but McCain didn't ask for it.

Obama has repeatedly refuted his pastor's statements, so he's not friends with him. I, too, find it hard to believe this is the first time his pastor said something off the deep end in Obama's presence, but It doesn't really bother me. If Obama is the candidate, I'll vote for him anyway. I'd be very happy with either democratic candidate, to be honest, just a little happier with Hillary. Although they both, unfortunately, do not support gay marriage. I supppose we must take baby steps. As for his wife: she's not running for president; her husband is. If you research McCain, you'll find he's not so great, Nikki. Although I am glad McCain is the candidate rather than Romney, or even worse, Huckabee. If Huckabee was our next president, I think I'd have to steal one of Sheridan's guns and shoot myself to end the pain.

I really, really with Hillary would stop this and try and get a spot as the VP. Not all of Clinton's supporters will support Obama, and visca versa, if the other is nominated. If she was Obama's choice for VP, that would really unite the party. And I say get rid of these God damned delegates. Whoever wins the popular vote WINS, I say.

The fact is, we're entering the season of the politics of personal destruction. Opposition researchers are drumming up any trivial things they can to make the other guy look bad. The result it we end up talking about all kinds of crap that doesn't have anything to do with the fact that people are struggling, we're at war, and there are significant, REAL issues to be dealt with.

the fact of the matter is none of the candidates have brought up real solutions to the problems either....they say they will do this or correct that when they were instrumental in getting us into the crap storm, especially Clinton and McCain....i still stand by that this is THE BEST political editorial i have come across this year........

545 People

Hate to bet the bearer of bad news, Trapper, but McCain's "pastor problems" are far worse. McCain sought out and received the endorsement of Hagee and Parsley, both of whom said and believe far worse things than Obama's EX-pastor. In the last couple weeks, McCain has been forced to expel both of them from his campaign.

This is true. I actually don't like ANY of the candidates. But I'll always go republican over democrat.....even though I can't even vote.

well..........McCain is closer to a democrat than a republican......infact i REALLY want McCain to loose cause if he is whats going to pass for a republican from here on out, screw it i would rather have a democrat that is willing to label themselves as such......i aint voting for any of the three......someone running as an independent or whatever will be getting my vote, same with my wife's.....be it Ron Paul or Bob Barr or someone else....there is no way in hell i will put a check next to McCain, Clinton or Obama.......anything is better than those 3......

Why republican over democrat? From what I've read, you don't seem to be socially conservative. Maybe fiscally?

actually im about dead center with half the views of the dems and half the views of the repubs.....why Ron Paul interested me a whole lot is he wasnt interested in most things handled on the federal level....he didnt believe in gay marriage himself but was all for letting the voters of individual states decide if it was OK....didnt think his foreign policy or interest in getting us on the gold standard again held water or were smart but damn i could really like his views on transferring the power away from the feds and back to the states.....that one major belief of his could make up for alot of personal beliefs i didnt agree with.......McCain torques me off cause he is more democrat than republican but refuses to admit as much and i like calling a spade a spade............have no issues with ppl referring to me as a backwoods gun loving hick cause for the most part i am, just an intelligent hick......

Hrm, I dunno about that rattler!

McCain is anti-choice, pro-war, for immunity for the telecos that illegally spied on us, anti gay marriage, and panders to the religious right! He's a "new Republican", not the traditional Goldwater type (what happened to the true "conservatives"?)

He's no Democrat!

Even if just to get us out of the stupid, illegal Iraq war, I'm voting Obama.

Capslock

we is a warring species..........there will always be a war......aint no one getting us out of it for long.....

McCain will also sell my second amendment rights to the highest bidder.......just like Clinton and Obama...screw them all...

Hogwash Rattler! Our warring nature doesn't mean we attack Iraq for stupid, lying reasons. That's not a species thing, it's a "Bushie" thing. A "neocon" thing.

Other than that, I hear ya!

Capslock

christ we have been in a war more years than not since 1776.........if we aint in a war we are in a "police action".... Bush had as much right going to Iraq as Clinton did sending us to Bosnia or Somalia.......

Been saying it for years, folks:

cthulhu08.jpg

I love that sticker...
CTHULHU '08 all the way!

Back