What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PHOTOS: A visit to Phil Faulisi's - part II!

A few more photos to share from my trip to Phil Faulisi’s place a couple weeks ago – A few of you had asked for some photos of his species, and here you go – again PLEASE respect Phil and do not PM him for any divisions of the plants you see here. Such requests will simply be ignored.

You now are entering…

2555545146_72b162bb2d.jpg

(Artwork by Mitch Davis! – Mitch if you are reading this, it was great meeting you as well!)

Now, without further ado – may I present, some more photo’s of Phils Phriqin Phaboulus Phlants!!

2555546696_c1ce5a4100.jpg

2555546588_7003221e22.jpg

2555546462_61f4a63b2b.jpg

2555546354_296bc14e31.jpg

S. leucophylla ‘Purple Lips’ - as the season progresses, the nectar roll, or “lip” of this particular plant gets purple-er and purple-er, hence ‘purple lips’ you can see the faint purple markings starting now.
2555546256_7dc1ae0031.jpg

S. leucophylla ‘alba’
2555545408_6cb2cced1a.jpg

I really like the subtle traces of green on the nectar roll…
2555545252_2a0b53eecd.jpg

A few outstanding ornatas…
2554720505_5b9f9e984c.jpg

2555545674_0b8ffdb2b1.jpg

2554720219_e6a5cf218b.jpg

OK - not a species, but just wanted to throw this in for fun again..
2554720719_f783d4cf52.jpg

2554720601_9995785166.jpg

Thank you Rob,

Lovin the art work and leucophylla.

I LOOOVE the leuco alba. Unfortunately its almost impossible to get. :( There is no source in canada. :( ???

Joel- I wish you could see the detail of some of the plants Mitch painted on this plaque. There is a Cephalotus in the lower right hand corner that is remarkably realistic looking. Many of the plants he painted were actually from my collection...like the moorei 'Royal Ruby' on the left hand side.

vraev- That leuco "alba" is typically much whiter but we've had such an unusually cool spring this year so they're showing more green than normal. The lids are often nearly pure white. Just in case anybody is wondering about this particular clone...it is a seed raised plant from seed received from Bob Hanrahan many years ago. It has typical red flowers...but I named it alba top specifically for id/breeding purposes. I have not distributed this plant around so it is not the same as other "alba-type-ish" clones that are out there.

Robert- Your photography is making me fall in love with my plants all over again! Thanks again!!

Phil

Kudos to both Rob for the photography and Phil for allowing the pics to be put up. :-D

I am blown away by the quality and beauty of Phil's plants. I am even lucky enough to have a few and these pics still floor me!!

Just great stuff all around!!

Awesome plants and awesome photography! Dare I say that last hybrid is more beautiful than Judith?!

Nice plants Phil!!! And great photos Rob!

Those ornatas are outstanding! And when I saw this post, and the sign, I thought it was going to be some greenhouse pictures! Not that I'm disappointed (how could you be?!).

xvart.

Thanks guys! I'm glad you like. Robert's photography really is quite good.

Travis- Thanks for the kudos. It IS fun to have pics posted so folks can see what I'm up to, what I've been working on. And I've been working on this alot. I will continue to let Robert post pics..when we can arrange it. As far as quality goes...I've just hit on a system for seeing my visions come to fruition, and I've got a good eye :)

woodnative- Thank you for the compliment. If you want to say that...that's ok. I have used 'JH' many times in some very beautiful crosses. What I like most about this particular hybrid, and this clone specifically, is that it grows about the same height as 'JH'...but retains the crisp white on the hoods throughout the entire growing season. The red does not bleed into it at all. In late summer the red gets redder and the white gets whiter. It's a good trait in this cross.

xvart- Not to worry. There will be pics of my greenhouse when Robert comes by again...hopefully soon. Personally, I don't feel my Neps are up to snuff with what other people are growing, but then again...you may think so. I'm my own worst critic..and I've got lots of other things besides Neps in there....like HUGE vft, LOL!

So you like those ornata? I crossed those 2 plants together multiple times this year. I hope to get...and should...bright yellow trumpets with deep, thick, clear red non-bleeding veins and a dark red cross in the throat. These should be stunners.

LOL -Xvart, I had no time to go in the GH as i was smitten by phils sarrs!! i was out there the whole day! I need another day to just bask in the greenhouse glory!

So you like those ornata? I crossed those 2 plants together multiple times this year. I hope to get...and should...bright yellow trumpets with deep, thick, clear red non-bleeding veins and a dark red cross in the throat. These should be stunners.

Thanks for explaining your planned crosses. I'll patiently wait to for the outcome.

LOL -Xvart, I had no time to go in the GH as i was smitten by phils sarrs!! i was out there the whole day! I need another day to just bask in the greenhouse glory!
xvart- Not to worry. There will be pics of my greenhouse when Robert comes by again...hopefully soon.

I'd have to tunnel into the greenhouse since the sampling of Sarracenia is too beautiful. I'd simply never make it to the greenhouse!

xvart.

thanks for explainiing about the alba Phil. I know there is an alba clone available from Mike King. But once again...its really hard to get as its propogated only through cuttings and also the facets involved in international export of plants + the permits required etc..etc. :( But, good to know that there is an alba clone available in US. :)

HOLY! I love the last pic of Sarracenia 'Big Mama'.

Phil grows the best Sarracenia I have ever seen. Bar none.
:hail:

Back