What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Myspace

I feel the same as last time:

Honestly, it's way, way too busy. I find it difficult to read and all the pictures scattered all over the place makes it hard to follow the flow. I'm also not a fan of the windows within windows. You've got some nice pictures, though.

xvart.

In addition, the font is near impossible to read because of the background, and scrolling with the wheel on my mouse wasn't happening because of all the windows within windows.

xvart.

If you have trouble reading the text highlight it with your mouse. I made it blue so portions of the text would not blend in with the red color of the background picture. The page scrolls with my mouse wheel, maybe it's your computer.

I second xvart that the text color needs to change. In all the computer classes I've taken one of the things they stress is to pick your text color carefully. The one you picked is extremely hard to read and I didn't even bother looking at your site much because I didn't want to have to strain my eyes. As far as highlighting the text goes; I guess I could but why waist my time when there's millions of other sites out there I can read just fine?

I agree with the other comments,the text needs changing.Other than that it looks good to me.

If you have trouble reading the text highlight it with your mouse. I made it blue so portions of the text would not blend in with the red color of the background picture.

My point is I don't want to have to highlight anything when I'm trying to get information. It's a step that is annoying, especially in some places when it is difficult to see where the text starts and stops. I might "highlight" half a word or sentence, not knowing where to start.

The page scrolls with my mouse wheel, maybe it's your computer.

It's not my computer. Let me clarify: You have several "windows" within "windows," i.e. "my friends," "my photos," etc. When I wheel down and my pointer comes over one of those windows, it then scrolls through that entire window, and then once at the bottom of, for example, "who I'd like to meet," it resumes scrolling through the main page.

It's difficult to read and navigate. If you want to convey information, make it easy to ready and easy to navigate. If you want to create a page with all sorts of bells and whistles, then you're doing fine.

xvart.

mine is pretty easy and legible. the point is to have contrasting colors... except red and green which i am never able to see very well together as text and background. the only problem with mine is that it goes too far to the right. bleh.

www.myspace.com/tripplenippleguy

too much going on at one time will make it crazy for viewers. keep it sweet and simple.

Alex

The windows within windows prevent the entire page from scrolling into oblivion.

two what?

keeping your mouse over to the right when scrolling should fix the problem Xvart was having, I can not figure out how to change the opacity of the tables on my profile without changing the opacity of the text.

ah. no there at three :) i didnt know who he was talking to! haha!!

i have a facebook too.

Alex

I have face book but it is not as customizable, I can't put plants every where lol.

Back