What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

time to move inside?

ive been growing a nep (pretty sure its n. sanguinea) outside this summer, getting direct sun in the p.m. its starting to produce pitchers and seems to have done ok in the 85-100 F daytime temps (night= 65-70F). now that its acclimated to the porch, id like to keep it there as long as possible before i try my indoor growing set up (which will be a whole new question to post). what is the coldest temp i should look for signaling the move? (i live in temperate GA)

Exactly how cold does it get there during the fall and the winter? Well acclimated plants can survive surprisingly low temperatures.

you don't want it to freeze, but sanguinea is a highlander that should be able to take low temps well. I would take it in when the forcast low gets in the mid-high 30's.
peace,
zero

wow! thats much colder than i was thinking! this is good.... it was just starting to take off and now i wont have to start over with the acclimation. it will eventually get down to freezing, but that doesnt last for long (a few months and its back on the patio!!!)

Hey Bane,

I am in Atl and I usually do not pull my Neps in till nights start to hit the low 50s/upper 40s. I would not push it much beyond that though cause they start lagging pretty hard

I am with Pyro. 50 is my cut off, but I have a lot of orchids too and they get damaged below 50. So I have to make sure the GH is ready for action by the time the temps get to 50 during the night. I will be working on the GH shortly. LOL Just to be ready.

Back