What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there an emulsifiable type of fungicide?

Fryster

--Freedom Czar--
Is there an emulsifiable type of fungicide (powder or liquid) that can simply be mixed with water for watering regular houseplants? Or even with carnivorous plants?

Something that can treat the soil is what I am seeking... without stressing out the plant.

I am so tired of seeing fungus and molds growing in my media. Even dryer soil still accumulates fungus. :censor:

Neem oil controls powdery mildew, downy mildew, black spot, rust, botrytis, and also some kinds of blight. It's systemic and also will make the plant unpalatable to pests such as scale, spider mites, etc. It should be both sprayed onto the plant and watered into the soil.

It's safe more most plants. Only thing I know that doesn't like most oils, neem included, is any about any Ulmus. A friend of mine used it on an Ulmus parvifolia; it defoliated and didn't recover. She later found out from another person that Elms don't like oils.

Not tried it on cp's.

Hmm..... I use neem oil as a contact pest & fungus control agent. I have never heard that it was a systemic and could be used in watering as well.

Does anyone have any links??

Thanks! :)

This page seems to have the most info I can find in one place. The other sites I found split it up and state parts of info on it.

http://www.discoverneem.com/neem-oil-insecticide.html

When you use it as contact pest control, do you dilute it as for regular use?

I just follow the directions on the bottle; mix it, spray it, and water with it.

Had it not been for neem, I would have lost my Shimpaku that I've had for 12 yrs to red spider mites this yr.

shimpaku-moyogi.jpg

And my Wisteria to scale and black spot. It was a terrible pest yr. Never had a season this bad.

chinese-wisteria-moyogi.jpg

I'd used neem in the past, but never had problems like this yr. Even still, it kicked everything very good.

Wow, that's a pretty good article.

There's more to Neem oil than I had realized!

Yeah, I have a bottle of concentrate that I mix with distilled water and spray. I have never watered with it however. I might try the watering with my English Ivy's that always seem to be victims of red and white spider mites. I think that the mites come home from the store in the soil. Hate that..... :(

I'm glad that your Shimpaku survived. :) Thank God for Neem oil 'eh? ;)

The Shimpaku is doing great now. The neem kicked the pests quick, but the damage was done. Resulting in a parser look than usual. But it's growing back out.

I'm not sure about using it on cp's. Maybe ask around and see if anyone's tried it on them? If not, test it sparingly on some little extra thing you may have for a couple months and see how that goes before committing to it.

Back