What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

flowering already?

upper

Capensis Killer
2 of my VFT already started to make flower... one of the VFT even has a flower stalk on top of another flower stalk. i dont think that's normal, is it?

well, my vft bloomed already. even with all the rain we got.theres 2 flowers open

Some of my plants are flowering already too, but just a few of them. Of the few that are flowering, there are two of them with two flower stalks. I'm guessing that's what you're describing when you say yours "has a flower stalk on top of another flower stalk"?

I'm planning on snipping the stalks and using them for tissue culture on Tuesday.

ahh, the joys of living in a southern climate, here in canada, mine'd be frozen solid if outside, just like we are, still very cold at times... i did notice that my vft's made new growth since i 'fridge-method'ed them, enjoy your warm weather, and don't take it for granted, were not all as priveledged as you guys are, lol. no doubt, if i could live there, i would!
north of the border
Blokeman

I've got this up and coming:

Picture096-1.jpg

no, by one on top of the other, i mean like.. the flower on top of another flower. not next to each other, actually 2 flower stalk on 1 stalk.

Ahh, VFT is doing the same thing! One flower stalk with another growing out of it. The bad thing is... mine doesn't have a trap out at all, it doesn't even have one forming. It technically is supposed to be dormant/is just coming out of dormancy.

What does this mean that the first new growth would be a flower stalk ?

I've actually got some VFT plants outside flowering in 40F degree weather! They're really messed up.

Back