What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera nitidula x pulchella 2 months from gemmae

S_Oregon_CP

Bio is my life!
Drosera ommisa (maybe ericksoniae) x pulchella 2 months from gemmae

I have had some dispute over the correct label of these. I ordered D. callistos from a certain oregon nursery and they were mislabeled. I now believe they are D. ommisa (maybe ericksoniae) x pulchella. I have well over 30 of these guys to trade. I figure i will ship about 5 ea order these things grow super fast and have 3-4 inch roots on average when flowering size. I have lots and I am open to trade for anything I dont have currently. U.S. orders only please

Mother plant who I harvested the gemmae.

Flowers!
PB300248.jpg

PB300251.jpg

Its the top one here
PB280242.jpg

Trade up!!

You might wish to change the label on these plants. Looking at the flower, I believe this plant is actually Drosera ericksoniae x D. pulchella. I note the absence of the red styles that are definitive for D. nitidula and it's hybrids. Cheers, and thanks for offering these plants. This was always my favorite hybrid pygmy and one that is the largest growing of all the pygmy sundews. It's also prolific in gemmae production, I had over 1000 gemmae from one plant, back in the days.

I second that!
That is omiss x pulchella in the flower close up.....but i also see (i think) the nitidula x pulchella in the second photo...so you have both in the same pot. Please take caution and label them correctly.

Please be aware that I am only listing them as what they were shipped to me as. I am not a pygmy D expert so I apologize for the mislabel. Thanks for possibly IDing it. anyways they are for trade let me know if anyone wants any they are so beautiful.

Back