What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Green Stuff Pls Help Venus Fly Trap

hi all i was wondering if you can help me out ive grown a venus fly trap before it got about 2 inches and got lots of mold of it so i have thrown it away i bought some new fressh seeds ive planted these seeds and now i have some green stuff growing in there which doesent look the same as my last venus fly trap it looks a bit like grass hehe i have posted some pictures up on a website if someone could help me out this one be great my email is diplom4ts@hotmail.co.uk if you can help would be great as im a noobie and dont want this one to die hehe ok heres the link for the pictures could be moss i dont know please help richard......

http://img514.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=pic0022.jpg

its really blurry mate, but its probably a species of moss, you can remove it from the pot if youd like.
what is your growing media that your using?

Unfortunately your photos are so out of focus that they could be showing an alien invasion from outer space. ???

hi guys umm i kno its so close the suff was small so i had to move so close to plant pot this is why the picture sucks kristoff i have only just planted my seeds and its in a propgator isnt moss good for my vft anyway ? keep it moist if it is moss that is i can take a picture further out if you want pls get back to me :)

Richard

It's probably just some harmless moss. My pots get moss and algae growing in them, but I don't see anything wrong with my plants. You can pick it out if you don't like it, but it will probably grow back.

Hmm why not use your camera's macro function for upclose shots?
Also i wanted to know what your planting media. peat/perlite? peat/sand/perlite?
and if your trying to germinate them in normal incandescent how lighting, it wont work.
Flytraps are full sun temperate outdoor plants, native to a small area in southeastern North Carolina and Northeastern South Carolina

i know kristoff i am using these seeds to grow inside in a propgator on a window sill im not sure what the soil i am using is it looks just like medium soil with the white stones for helping breathing when i bought this soil it said venus fly trap &sarracenia compost as at the time i didnt have the money for sphangum moss and stuff if this is moss growing isnt it good for it ? also i was not sure about the camera shot as it wernt my cam was hard to use hehe the white rocks are perlite i think if im correct i will post a picture here later

Provided the party selling the compost knows what they are doing your mix appears to be Sphagnum peat moss and perlite or pumice. If it has sand and vermiculite also it is ok to use. As long as there are no fertilizers added.

All sorts of mosses, grasses, ferns can grow in peat moss. Mosses are impossible to get rid off but you may have to control their growth by trimming or removing to keep from overgrowing your seedlings.

Algae you can usually ignore but may be an indicator of nutrients in your potting mix.

oh nice thanks for all your help all :) really was good for me i am really intressted thanks alot for all yours help

NO ONE READS PAGE 2 LOL ?

oh yea i forgot to ask if anyone does view this topic that knows can i put a cobra lily in the same pllant pot as my dionea venus fly trap ?

oh yea i forgot to ask if anyone does view this topic that knows can i put a cobra lily in the same pllant pot as my dionea venus fly trap ? sorry if u see this 2 times posted worng one tried to delete didnt work lol

Back