What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here's a bunch of seedlings at 14 months old, all grouped by siblings, so you can see the diversity. They're all open-pollinated, except for one grouping.

alataxflava.jpg

These are alata x flava open-pollinated. Lots of really dark-red plants in this group. I'm excited!

alataxflava2.jpg

These are also alata x flava open-pollinated, from the same seed pod as the previous pic. I separated these because they are not showing any dark-red coloration like their siblings.

boobtube.jpg

Boob-tube open-pollinated. Looks like I'll end up with a nice selection of colorful, bizarre pitchers out of this one. I can't believe how large that one is, at 14 months old.

catf22.jpg

these are self-pollinated (F2) purpurea x flava ornata. Not a big fan of this cross, but I like the coloration, for future breeding purposes. My favorite is actually the one in the front that doesn't look at all like it's siblings, mostly all-green pitchers with a reddish base. Curious to see this one get full size.

ladiesinwaiting.jpg

'Ladies In Waiting' open-pollinated.

mutts.jpg

these are a bunch of unknown open-pollinated seedlings, from seeds collected over the years and not labelled. Never know what you'll get with these, but there are a few promising looking plants in there.

oxfxl.jpg

an exceptionally lg. 14 month old, nearly a foot tall. it's an open-pollinated (oreophila x flava) x leucophylla. very excited about this one. picture doesn't show it too well, but the tops of the lids are very white, and there's a nice pink blush on the throat.

sbxhh.jpg

the only true cross of the bunch, 2 'Scarlett Belle' x 'Hummer's Hammerhead', showing much different characteristics. One looks alot like the S. Belle, while the other looks like it'll look much more like the Hammerhead.

wrigleyana.jpg

an open-pollinated leucophylla x psittacina. looks alot like it's mom, but with more open hoods. i like this one a lot too.

Great looking plants, especially at 14 months.

~billy

Very cool. Seed growing is always a lot of fun.

I've got some S. 'coppertop' F2 plants that display a great amount of variability; some flower and are huge, others are still runts. I'd mark that quick-growing one from the 3rd picture - that's a trait you'd like to hang on to. ;)

Spectacular little seedlings you have. :) I just love Sarracenia seedlings. If only mine were like that. :I

Back