What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

possible aphid damage

I am Bob

Not really
Hi,

I walked outside this morning and found that a new trap on my Dente was coming up twisted and the two lobes were not growing together. the flower stalk also is a little bent. I am having trouble posting pics, but if I figure out how to I will post some pics

Bent flower stalks are normal. For the trap, you need to post a picture :)

Hmm, doesn't really look like aphid damage I've seen.
Looks more like a malformed trap. If more continue to come up like that, then it may be aphids.

Nothing to worry about, mine did the same thing.
Cold temperatures caused mal-formed traps in the beginning of the season. They're growing normally now, I wouldnt worry about it. Congrats on the flower.

thank you all for your input. I am glad that it is not. I was going to make my dad drive me to lowes to get pesticide .

Like others said, I wouldn't worry about it. My spring growth was horrible on my nicest typicals this year. Much worse than what you have here. Some did not even have a trap.

Usually when you see aphid damage, you see aphids right along side the area.

Yeah, malformed traps are common in the early growing season.

Back