What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi all.. I got this N mirabilis var enchinotsoma awhile back and so far the leaves are still green quite a fast grower but 1 problem 1 MAJOR problem noooo pitchers at all.....The tendrills stay 1cm long at all times...The leaves are getting bigger but no pitchers somehow...I suspect its humidity but since its in a tropical country i doubt it will affect that much...I bought it as a M sized plant and it arrvide bare rooted and so i potted it up in LFS and perlite..Here are some pics...

The whole plant
RIMG0280.jpg

A leaf tip where i told u bout the tendrill
RIMG0281.jpg

Another leaf
RIMG0282.jpg

Please help out thanks:-D

Ken

It could be the light, without enough light they will not put energy into pitchers. How bright is your balcony?

Mine is also struggling to put up pitchers. If it's any consolation, the spectacular pitchers are the upper ones so maybe - just maybe (since mine is still a juvenile) - it's putting all its energy into growing a vine and then put out those beautiful pitchers for which it is known.

I'd be a little more patient with it.

I agree with Mr. Truncata, sometimes light is key, larger leaves with no pitcher is SOMETIMES sign of low lighting. Doesnt seem to be affecting your rafflesiana though. Try moving it into brighter conditions and see if that does the trick. Best of luck!

Back