What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New levis

Picked up this awesome guy today. May be getting a female in the not-so-distant future, fingers crossed!

IMG_6327.jpg

WOW!! He's beautiful!

Aww, he's so cute! and tiny :-O

Dude I HATE you!! I have wanted to get myself a pair of amyae or wheeleri for years... Still waiting on the price to come down from $1000...

Great looking little bloke there. HAve fun with him

Awsome!!! He/she is so cute! I love the pattern, he looks so smooth. Thanks for sharing!

Dude I HATE you!! I have wanted to get myself a pair of amyae or wheeleri for years... Still waiting on the price to come down from $1000...

Great looking little bloke there. HAve fun with him

lol. The hard part is going to be finding a female for a reasonable price. I may have to resort to buying some unsexed juvies and growing them out. Aside from amyae, deleani, asper, etc, the most popular ones all seem to start around $700 and go up to around $850 for a pair.

But really, who the heck started the whole *only sell females in a pair, and charge insane prices for them* trend? Its irritating to see males for $100-200, and then so much more for a pair. The things breed like frigging leopard geckos for gawds sake.

Awsome!!! He/she is so cute! I love the pattern, he looks so smooth. Thanks for sharing!

Oddly enough, the skin feels more rough than it looks.

lol. The hard part is going to be finding a female for a reasonable price. I may have to resort to buying some unsexed juvies and growing them out. Aside from amyae, deleani, asper, etc, the most popular ones all seem to start around $700 and go up to around $850 for a pair.

They turn up on KS now and then. And, strange enough, there is actually a guy local to me that is breeding amyae...

But really, who the heck started the whole *only sell females in a pair, and charge insane prices for them* trend? Its irritating to see males for $100-200, and then so much more for a pair. The things breed like frigging leopard geckos for gawds sake.

My friend you are asking a question I have asked myself many times. I understand you need a female to breed but by the same token you need a male too... Plus, if you think about it, the male ought to be more valuable cause one male has the potential to breed multiple females. So he out to have more "worth" to him.

I have been arguing this with ball pythons for a bit. Females of a given morph are 2-5 times more expensive that the males. But it takes 3 years for the females to get to breeding size vs. one year (or less in some cases) for males. And a male can be spread around multiple females each year where as the female is a one time thing. So if I wanted to make a bumblebee, a lesserbee, a cinnybee and a spinner and I had female pastel, lesser, cinny and pinstripe then a male spider would be worth a whole heck of a lot to me cause without it I am totally screwed... The only answer I get in reply to that is "That is just how it is..."

Neat-o. Aw, it looks sad. D:

Back