What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Bug is This?

I know this isn't a bug forum, but I figure you guys probably know your fair share about bugs.

I just came in from mowing, and felt this on my shoulder. I was going to kill it or throw it outside, but I decided to take its picture before trying to feed it to a pitcher. It flew away once outside, though.

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

Picture%2046.jpg

its some type of weevil. Kill it. ;)

noooooo!!! Don't kill the weevil!!!!!

It is a weevil, and considering weEVILs, I would kill that thing before it has a chance to bore into the rhizomes of your plants...

Crap. I guess it's good it left. I hope my plants are gonna be all right. :-(

when it doubt, smoosh the crap outta any and every insect. Theres more, trust me. :)

when it doubt, smoosh the crap outta any and every insect. Theres more, trust me. :)

Ugh, there are to many people with this way of thinking. My brothers friend killed a giant silk moth just because. Makes me angry sometimes.

Most insects aren't a problem. Killing every insect you don't know is like people who kill every plant they don't know because it might be a weed. If a Sarracenia popped up in their yard, the Roundup would come out for sure.

Back