What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question..

Some of the my traps have a tiny bit of white on the top of them, I believe it is dead plant "flesh" but im not sure. Im a newbie, And i don't know the scientific words for all this. :p

Thanks, VTT

I believe this could be powdery mildew (mold)! I have never seen dead plant "flesh" before. My VFT either has alive traps (green and healthy) or dead traps (brown/black). It would help to know what enviroment your keeping your VFT in. This might provide some answers. Look closer at the white stuff if it looks like strings or webbing it most likly is mildew.

It looks like paint.. Strange.. When i bought the plant it looked like that on some of the leaves, I thought it was nothing...

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

What can i do about mold? Will it damage the plant?

Is it outside? If so it could be bird droppings. Other then that I don't know what it is. If it is mold you can use neem oil or a powder based sulfer.

It looks like paint.. Strange.. When i bought the plant it looked like that on some of the leaves, I thought it was nothing...

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

What can i do about mold? Will it damage the plant?

I keep it inside on my window sill, I will wait and see what happens, Hopefully it will dissapear over time..

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Awesome Grow list btw. :p

Back