What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher of the Month TF edition March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
If sirk can keep this up it would be great

Rules are simple,
1.Photo must have been taken this month, no pitcher age limit
2.Plant must have been in owners possession for at least 6 months prior to entry
3.Plant must be clearly labeled in the owners entry
4.If more than one pitcher is in the photo, it must be clarified as to which is being entered into the contest.
5.Photo updates of pitchers are fine, and more than one photo is welcome, however the photo must be of the same pitcher, no other.
6.Winners may NOT enter the SAME pitcher again after winning, another pitcher on the same plant is fine but NOT the same pitcher
7.Voting will take place at the end of the month.
8.The top 3 will be posted.

teeheeheehee

might as well. :p

nepenthes rafflesiana
015.JPG

I enter my N.sanguinea "Red Form" and I enter the large pitcher on the left. :hail:

n-sanguinea.jpg

N. Ventricosa x Ovata
30bd4lk.jpg

29uzn8p.jpg

snck9e.jpg

Thanks,
Plantman

im glad this is starting to gain popularity here. hopefully i will be able to take back over doing it next month, work and family has been on the top of priorities lately. ill figure out what im going to enter for this competition here soon...

Ok heres my entry, N. spectabilis x aristolochioides [BE]
Neps004-1.jpg

Neps003-1.jpg

Neps002-2.jpg

Neps006.jpg

Kris: That is a really nice peristome :0o: How long did it take to darken up?

oh thats not even the final color, it just opened the other day... it will turn pure black before too long, the pitcher opens up almost with that color in the peristome

glabrata:

3-8-10023.jpg

3-8-10024.jpg

3-8-10026.jpg

Hooolllleeee :0o: That's a very nice N. glabrata!

Game over, glabrata wins! :hail:

how did you get your galbrata to make uppers!!!!!! i cant get mine to produce uppers.

how did you get your galbrata to make uppers!!!!!! i cant get mine to produce uppers.

Lots of people say their tendrils need to rest on moss, or be in very humid conditions to pitcher, including uppers. This plant loves to dig its tendrils in moss.

i LOVE glabrata!!!

Lots of people say their tendrils need to rest on moss, or be in very humid conditions to pitcher, including uppers. This plant loves to dig its tendrils in moss.

Well clearly those pitchers are not on moss. :p I am having the same issue with my glabrata. It grows like crazy but no uppers. I eventually caved and cut it up and am trying to root them cuttings. I am happy to say that the mother plant has made a basal and am looking forward to those beautiful lowers again.

Thanks guys. Didn't expect that reaction. I really don't do anything special for it. It sees normal highland temps, humidity about 50%-80%. It did go through a period where it wouldn't pitcher. It put out lower pitchers fine, but when it started to vine the pitchers would abort. Once the vine got some size it started inflating them again along the upper part. It's about 4 ft now. It is only a single vine, no basals, no activated nodes, nothing. I even had the plant on its side for several months.

nightsky,
Just keep letting it grow out and a basal should appear. Then you can cut it

N. briggsiana 'Peter D'Amato'.... yay =]
DSCN0679.jpg

DSCN0678.jpg

Alex

Wow. Such a drastic change from the last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back