What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morels for trade!!

A few of you have been talking about wanting morels. So, I've got some freeze dried Michigan morels I'll trade for Neps of any species.

1oz. dried = $18.00 ~ I have many many ounces available.

Having some on my steak tonight, and you don't know what your missing! mmm.. :bigthumpup:
And to be honost, the only reason I'm willing to let them go is because it's almost spring. SPRING = MORELS!!

A nickname? Lol, kidding it's a mushroom.

It's a gourmet mushroom. The steak of mushrooms if you will.. EXTREMELY tasty and rare. So rare you've never heard of it.

100_2962.jpg

100_2835.jpg

thepile.jpg

Do you grow your own morels?

Not a chance.. It's been tried with limited success by some Universities. When grown indoors they stay teeny tiny and just don't have that famous morel taste. Also, it takes 5 years to produce a morel from spore. So it's more of a pain than a profit.

I saw one of those in my backyard once, haha. it was right beside my old play stucture. :p it looked so cool. haha.

Mmmm... I hope you have some left when I've got cuttings rooted later...
Definitely a tempting offer! How do you find the dried ones compare to fresh?
~Joe

Mmmm... I hope you have some left when I've got cuttings rooted later...
Definitely a tempting offer! How do you find the dried ones compare to fresh?
~Joe

How later? I may set some aside for you.. if your good. :-O

They taste just as good! I can't even tell the difference..

Oh, wow! What a great thing to trade for! I LOVE MORELS! What do you want in exchange?

Oh, wow! What a great thing to trade for! I LOVE MORELS! What do you want in exchange?

PM me with what you have to offer, and I'm sure we can work something out. How can you NOT love morels? :-D

Looks like some May Apples In the background of that pic .

Indeed they are. They grow like weeds in one of my morel spots. A lot of times I will have to lay on my stomach and look under all the May Apples just to see the morels growing underneath them.

WILL CONSIDER ALL TRADE OFFERS!! I don't want to hold out on anyone.. :-D

Uh... it's a secret? The truth is I'm not sure, hopefully before the summer heat. Hopefully like realistic optimism, not hopefully like I want mushrooms but it would actually be a miracle if that happened.
Does it sound suspicious that I would bring that up? I'm trying a new method that should work as well as any other, but I think it might work dramatically better. I hope this isn't a bad omen. o_O
Certainly before the next morel season as far as I understand. If it takes that long I'll surely have failed. X[
~Joe

Down to my last jar of morels!! If you want some better get on that horn and PM me your ideas and offers. So far thez_yo is the only one that has a sealed deal. She got herself an ENTIRE jar of supreme black morels!! A $150 value..

Wow, it is really very tasty. My hometown had many these mushrooms ten years ago. But now they disappear. During my high-school life, I sometimes searched them in the wild and made them as wonderful dinners.

Nooooooo!
I guess I'll just have to wait. I hope you post these again!
~Joe

Back