What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thez_yo

instigator
It's been a long, hard winter without pitchers. They're finally getting enough sun to pop some out and I'm so excited!

baby hamata just opened it's first pitcher for me (if you look real close you can see peristome teeth!)
P4130001.jpg

ampXsib just opened up
P4130031.jpg

same with the ventXtrusmadi
P4130033.jpg

and the QoHXKoS
P4130036.jpg

macrophylla working on a pitcher
P4130035.jpg

glabrata working on a pitcher
P4130039.jpg

and same with stenophylla
P4130042.jpg

P4130046.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Oh, and last as a comparison of size (white pots are 3"):

Clockwise from noon - N.macrophylla, N.flava, N.jacquelineae, N.truncata QoHXKoS
P4130037.jpg

That last one is your tray of rarities! Updates will be welcomed with oohs and ahs. ;)

I like your stenophylla. It has an hourglass figure. :p

Clue: yup..I hope they start pitchering like mad with more sun. Hopefully the new apt has as much sun for them. And yeah the steno is not hard on the eyes :)

Miguel: gotta love the red.

Great plants; thanks for sharing!

Nice babies! I really dig that ventricosa x tm (is that x sabre?), I love how TM crosses are so toothy, even though their only 1\4 macro!

steno update

steno update

P4190029.jpg

P4190030.jpg

P4200034.jpg

P4200035.jpg

Nice, stenophylla is one of my favorite plants. Your plant will look even better as it puts on more size. Mine is about 6-7 inches across now. How large is yours?

Same size ;). I have smaller pitchers than everyone else because mine don't get regular misting/high humidity. It just grew that first and only pitcher for about 4 months if not more. It's one of the few that responded very favorably to a coffee treatment after a stall in growing. It perked right up (the whole plant) and doubled the size of its leaves and popped out that pitcher, fyi.

Back