What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TONS of D.dichotoma and D.capensis "broadleaf"

hello all, I propagated these two species via leaf cuttings from SDCP's. I have way to many on my hands right now. So, im looking to get rid of them.

I also have d.adelae

The capes are about 1 inch tall.
The dichotomas are almost 2 inches tall.
The adelae varry in size

I am looking for leaf cuttings or same size plants from any species of drosera i do not have.

I should be able to send these guys in padded envelopes with no problem so i will take care of the shipping.

If you interested just let me know =)
thanks
kgrudz

D.capensis 'broadleaf'
IMG_1165.jpg

D.dichotoma
IMG_1166.jpg

IMG_1167_1.jpg

D.adelae
IMG_1171_1.jpg

Last edited:
Oooh, Dichtoma at last! A small Adale would be nice too.
I'd be all too happy to send a SASE.

Last edited:
for the dichtoma I can trade

Intermedia x filiformis
Rotudifolia
filiformis california sunset (gets large)

would you accept some D.rotundifolia seeds for a couple of the broadleaf capes?

edit: er i just noticed nikki is offering that so if you want, i could trade a division from my S. 'cobra nest'

i still have a lot to get rid of guys =)

on that note, i found this really nice sized d.adelae growing. i dont know how i missed it buy its about 2 inches in diameter. I only have one this large available, the rest are smaller. so claim it if your interested.

D.adelae
IMG_1172.jpg

Just so you know, you were right the first time- the correct name is D. binata var. dichotoma.
The same thing applies for D. binata var. multifida "extrema"

Nice growing and propagation!
Aaron

sorry aaron im a little confused. i was told it is just d.dichotoma. or is the correct name for d.dichotoma, D.binata var. dichotoma?

i always consult your website for my propagations. it is a great help =)

The D. dichotoma is tempting. i have lot of D. aliciae. for trade.

hi jim,

i have a nice big clump of your aliciae from a little back. do you maybe have some cuttings available instead?

This is pretty much what they look like:

Picture078.jpg

Yes Kgrudz, It is in fact d. binata var. dichotoma.

However, most (including myself) just call it D. Dichotoma.

thank you for the clerification =)

can a sase be done for that 2 inch adelae? if SASE is avalible and that plant is not up for grabs ill take any others. Ill throw in a few extra stamps or something since they arent seeds.

can a sase be done for that 2 inch adelae? if SASE is avalible and that plant is not up for grabs ill take any others. Ill throw in a few extra stamps or something since they arent seeds.

I'd do the same for a Dichtoma as I probably don't have anything you'd want unless you like dragon fruit seedlings!

im looking to trade for now rather than just SASE. illl let you if i have some extras available.

sorry aaron im a little confused. i was told it is just d.dichotoma. or is the correct name for d.dichotoma, D.binata var. dichotoma?

i always consult your website for my propagations. it is a great help =)

Sorry for the confusion!
Yes, the correct name is D. binata var. dichotoma, so you should tell the person you got it from to change it too. It can be pretty annoying to keep track of these subspecies and stuff, but I guess it's really not that big of a deal since people understand what dichotoma is...
glad the propagation section has helped- you're doing very well at it! I plan to do an overhaul of it in the next few months...possibly with a few videos.

sounds good. videos would be nice.

UPDATE

Only 6 D. capensis "broadleaf" left
6 D. binata var. dichotoma left

Still plenty of d.adelae (including that big one)

thanks to all that have been involved so far. =)

Last edited:
...so you should tell the person you got it from to change it too..

It clearly states in the first post that Kgrudz got the cuttings from ME.

And yes, I know that it is a subspecies of binata:

Yes Kgrudz, It is in fact d. binata var. dichotoma.

However, most (including myself) just call it D. Dichotoma.

Sorry for confusing you Kgrudz!

It clearly states in the first post that Kgrudz got the cuttings from ME.

You give cuttings? What do we have to do? :-O

Back