What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

company for a heli

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
Okay all. i have finally arranged to purchase my first heli, a Heliamphora minor X heterodoxa. having researched and checked with some knowledgable members I know that I can provide the right conditions for it.
My question is this: what other cps would be happy in the same conditions?
No utricularia or genlisea please, and I can't afford another heli right now.
Thanks in advance

Aren't there some nice dews growing on the same mountains as Heli's ?

Aren't there some nice dews growing on the same mountains as Heli's ?

There are, just not ones that I see avalaible very often. I'm starting to compile a grow list for the tank. I have two other orchids that would be happy in there besides the ones I already have in it, plus one more on my wish list would be happy there as well.

you could grow tons of different sundews with helis, i grow mine with highland neps, even a few mexican pings, and a ceph.

Well, I have a small ventricosa, an even smaller alata and two mexican pings, but the pings are needed for gnat control among the orchids. The venti would fit nicely in the tank, at least for this year.

Last edited:
For me, South American dews and Mexican pings enjoy the same temps, humidity and light levels. I have to keep most everything else further away from my lights. So it sort of depends on your specific conditions and your ability to provide suitable environmental "zones"

Av

I'm gonna have to look into the South American dews

Okay all. i have finally arranged to purchase my first heli, a Heliamphora minor X heterodoxa. having researched and checked with some knowledgable members I know that I can provide the right conditions for it.
Thanks in advance

Highland Nepenthes grow well with them, so too Cephalotus and Darlingtonia -- all generally grown in the same fashion, at least by me . . .

Thanks in advance

Where did you buy Minor x Heterdoxa? I'm looking everywhere for one

Highland Nepenthes grow well with them, so too Cephalotus and Darlingtonia -- all generally grown in the same fashion, at least by me . . .

Well, things are rapidly changing around here. Sometime in the near future I will be "inheriting" a 55 gallon tank. I am planning now on how to rearrange space so this new tank will be taking the place of the one I'm now using. This will give me space for quite a few more plants than i originally had planned on.

Luckily for me my son and daughter-in-law are cichlid fanciers with limited space. As they get larger tanks, they don't have room to keep the smaller ones that they are replacing, so I get them.

Back