What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New DIY Terrarium

My terrarium is finally finished :D
It's a simple metal rack, covered with radiator foil at the back and right side.
At the front and left side are sliding lexan sheets.
I made the rails by using parts from another metal rack for the bottom and some plastic thingie thats a part of some cable hide system for the top.
Used that stuff to seal doors at the edges of the lexan.

IMG_6009.jpg

IMG_6013.jpg

IMG_6015.jpg

IMG_6017.jpg

Ventrata x Rebecca Soper seed forming :)
IMG_6034.jpg

Sanguinea with huge tendril at the left :D
It's twice as long/thick as the last one.
IMG_6050.jpg

Bongso seedlings that i gave coffee about 3 weeks ago.
They have a lot more color now :)
IMG_6062.jpg

IMG_6067.jpg

Looks great! Nice setup.

make sure that the moss doesnt smoother the seedlings. other than that, that's a pretty sweet setup. i wish i had space to do something like that.

That moss grows incredibly slow.
It was sown in november.

I love looking at peoples DIY setups! Best part of this hobby is doing DIY projects.

Is that a Ficus benjamina? I've been experimenting with it in planted terrariums lately to see if they'll survive or not. So far so good.

Yes it is.
I got a couple of cuttings in there.
I'm trying to get them to make air roots to make a nice bonsai someday.
But since i closed it up and raised the humidity the twigs have become way more numerous but thin and long, and a lot of new leaves fall off before they even get a quarter of their eventual size.
Maybe thats just bec all the temp/humidity changes the last 2 weeks while i was perfecting the setup.

Back