What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Right, like i said over in my introduction thread, I finally managed to get my hands on some CPs today. Sadly, all of them in more or less poor condition and with no ID tags ;/

Would be cool if you guys could help me slap a name tag on these babies D: For what it's worth, all of them came from a local garden centre, so you can rest assured there's no fancy, rare, or hard to get varieties or hybrids lol.

For starters, the pinguicula.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm guessing it's P. x 'Tina'.

Sundews:

I'm thinking the first one is D. aliciae, the latter D. capensis (possibly narrow leaf?)

And finally the Sarracenias.

Right one is definitely a purpurea spp, the other two I've no idea. For all I know they could be the same with the middle one obviously being older xD

Any input would be much appreciated, cheers :banana2:

Btw, think the droseras will last a week in their current condition?

Atm I only have perlite, black peat moss for aquariums (with some fertilizer -.-), and coco peat. I won't be getting proper spahgnum for a week or so (sphagnum moss is impossible to get here, even the biggest garden centers don't have it), and I'd really hate to lose the sundews in the meantime. Should I just mix up the perlite and the peat moss for aquariums or wait for the good stuff to come in???? I could get some soil mix for rododendrons or cacti but, not sure how feasible that would be. And I recon two repottings a week apart would be even more stressful for the plants than just waiting. Thoughts?

Your second dew is indeed capensis. Those three Sarrs are not purpurea.... they look like complex hybrids. Label them as "Sarracenia purpurea HYBRIDS" and where they came from. Good luck. :D

Hmm, the thing is the pot on the right is the only one with a label that says "S. purpurea spp." Haha oh wells. Random hybrid tag it is for now then, at least until they recover a bit and develop some healthy pitchers :p

Thanks for the input, that was really fast :D

Hmm, the thing is the pot on the right is the only one with a label that says "S. purpurea spp." Haha oh wells. Random hybrid tag it is for now then, at least until they recover a bit and develop some healthy pitchers :p

Thanks for the input, that was really fast :D

Big community, fast answers. :-D

The ping is most likely a Moranensis, the first Drosera pot is D. aliciae...

For the sarrs, all I can guess is that the big tall green one is a Xmitchelliana (which is leucophylla x purpurea).

Edit: Just realized, the Sarr on the right could also be purp x leuco :D

Last edited:
Back