What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On-line custom T-shirt printing?

• Thread starter elgecko
  • Start date

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
Has anyone used an on-line printing services for custom made t-shirts?
I want to make a few t-shirts and I'm looking for a printing service to print them up. I know there are lots of them, but looking for one that someone might have used and could tell me how they liked the finished product.

Was the T-shirt a nice heavy one or a really cheap thin one?
How did the printing withstand being washed?

I'm not looking for the cheapest price, but best quality.

You could try cafepress, design and buy it yourself (plus, you'll get a discount with the royalties)...

Not sure about online printers, but I heard that the ones that fill your orders for you like cafe press are pretty shoddy from someone who's used them.
I used a friend who silk-screens for mine.
Dogfish looked alright when I checked em out.
Gildan blank tshirts are probly the best quality for the value.
I sold outta XL & L sizes way before M and especially S. I've had plenty of requests for XXL, but I hadn't made them.
Are you planning on silk-screen colour seperations or iron-on photo realism?
Hope this helps...

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Oh yeah, didn't Back2Eight have some produced as well? Maybe she can add some input

Go with Zazzle.com they are the best— you get a huge choice of shirts/types/brands/colours.

It is also a very simple set up to custom design your imaging.

Hope this helps.

Out of curiosity, what are you printing?
Something cp related!?

The LACPS just ordered T-shirts from some company online. The guy doing the ordering said it was a bit of an ordeal because it took at least a day for the artists and techs to come back with responses on questions about the art-work and order. There was a non-refundable fee of $50.00 just to set up the account and look at your art-work.

I can find out from DJ which company it was.

Brokenarrow.com are who DJ used. He said the order process was very frustrating but was very satisfied with the results. The order site often did not match what the tech/artists would say could or couldn't be done and the 24 hour turn around between questions was a drag. They offer Hanes Beefy-T's which most people agree are the best shirt as far as quality goes.

American Apparrel makes some nice, comfy shirts too. They are a bit pricey but if it's a limited run you might like em.
Could always buy one of each brand to see what you like best

If it's going to be only 1 or 2 colors you could do it yourself. I used to print extinct metal band tee shirts and canvas back patches merely for the love of being able to send someone a classic metal design that they'd be hard pressed to find in 1985 let alone nowadays. I had a whole closet full of rare/cult metal band screens in the late 1990s.... I mean "I imported a lot of old metal shirts from Mexico" yeah, THAT was it! LOL

Anyway, you can very easily make screens at home with a 75 watt desk lamp, a photo emulsion kit and screen from DickBlick.com art materials shop (we have DB retail shops all over). Take your design to a copy center and have it copied onto transparency paper. I used DBs waterproof waterbased printing inks, low odor, fast drying at room temp, & long lasting. It soaks into the fabric a little instead of sitting ontop like the thick, toxic oil based printing inks that will eventually crack and need a special dryer or a heat gun.

Home screen printing is fun though look it up online!

Last edited:
Back