What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

meadowview biologocal research station

uphwiz

jimmy
Cant get the stitched photo to load, its too large a file, I'll e-mail it to you if you would like to see it in full.just PM me:-D
Phil is just great, easy going , and very knowledgeable, if you can visit some time, it's in Va near Richmond.:-D
this is just an over view , there are many more plants than you can make out from my photos
STF_2522.jpg
STE_2521.jpg
STD_2520.jpg
STC_2519.jpg
STB_2518.jpg
STA_2517.jpg

No wonder Phil was so easy to work with when I emailed him in Feb, he's living the life and saving the world one CP at a time.

That aside, he's doing a great thing for CPs everywhere and I proudly sponsor Meadowview Biological Research Station. If only we could have a few more people and places like this in the world.

And now that he's done with school, he actually has time to enjoy stuff!! Too bad we didn't get to meet up there, but maybe next time!
Glad you enjoyed your visit there!

I am sad my pseudo-vacation ended now. :) I was mainly up there so that my 6 foot 1 twelve year old could play basketball.

Not to worry. I am going there next year and will be sure to make a return trip!

Hey dashman... is your kid on an AAU team? If so are they nationaly ranked because 6-1 is a really good basketball size!

Yep. Not sure if they are nationally ranked or not. They came in 12th place out of 72 teams which is pretty good if you are familar with AAU. You must either qualify by placing in so many local and regional tournaments or by invitation in order to compete in Nationals.

Yes, he is my freak of nature. He wears a size 14 now and probably 14 1/2 the next time we have to get him shoes.

Here is a pic from nationals. This was our first game which we won in double overtime.

Last edited:
My 11 year old sister is 5 foot 6. A good size difference compared to your kid, but still freakishly tall, compared to her friends.

Man, I'd LOVE to visit Meadowview.

Pictures really can't show how much they have on site. I went over the fall and thought it was tiny when I first pulled up, and then I saw that it went much further behind the house. I can't wait until the CNU Botany Club schedules their visit, I'll definitely be back when they go, even if I live 25 minutes away.

Back