What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My New Room :D

lizasaur

Charlatan
I'm sure a few of you have been following the epic drama that is my life:
Over a year ago, I got kicked out, lived in a flop house for a couple months, we got evicted, I had to come crawling back to mommy and daddy, who gratituously gave me the couch, which is where I've been living ever since a week ago, when my sister (I'm the oldest, and she just turned 18) got kicked out, and I got moved in! I have a space to call my own.
As some may also know, I've spent the past 3 days giving it my touch. Here are the current results:
Pre-Occupado. (No, seriously, this was my SISTER'S room).
DSCF5107.jpg

Transitional Phase One:
39193_472626293968_787308968_6321221_3530158_n.jpg

Current Transitional Phase:
39914_475852018968_787308968_6411705_1225640_n.jpg

You'll notice the walls are no longer "It's A Boy!" blue, and the trim is no longer some old, yellowed, off-white. Black curtains will be put up over the windows, and eventually my black bookshelf will be brought down from the attic. I'm hoping to acquire a little desk and TV stand, both black, and I have a big white dresser which will be painted black as well. A few posters/pictures will be put up.
After all of that, a built-into-the-wall bookshelf (not pictured) will be converted into a highland chamber for cool-loving CPs.
I'm using the new Relaxing Moments Island Escape spray by Glade.
I'm drinking orange juice mixed with Sprite, with just a splash of cherry grenadine.
My laptop is on a cooling pad, and made by Asus (500GB HD, with a 1TB Ext. HD on the windowsill).
And yeah, my bed will be removed from the plastic once the carpet is super-shampooed and we get the frame out of the attic too :lol:

I just figured I should share the results considering how much I've gone on about it :p

And just for kicks, one of my big beautiful Queen Sheba<3
DSCF5321.jpg

Nice room and really nice snake!!

Aww man I can't believe you changed the decor :jester:

Cool! It's nice getting a big task done, doesn't take long to fill it back in though!

@jp: ohhh, it's a shame, eh? LOL.
@swords: It is!! I definitely appreciate it even more, and I dread getting all of my stuff down from the attic @.@ it'll be bringing down the disaster! LOL

uhm.. it's the same color as before ?

Actually it's a type of Slate Blue, called Cayman Bay. The picture really does it no justice, it is considerably darker and rather gray in person, Next time you see a dark ominous storm cloud, sort of like that.

I've also decided against black curtains...The white accents the white trim and electrical plates perfectly.

I would have gone all matt white :p
Reflects the light better :D

What? You didn't want your room to be an altar to the WWF? :-))

@Talie: Indeed, but I'm nocturnal. I like my room being more like a cool, dark cave. It comes in handy during the summer months, especially if the power goes out from a Hurricane.

Back