What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sending nep seed in the mail.

Exo

Tastes like chicken!
I just want to remind people that it is almost always neccessary to send nep seeds in a yellow padded envelope, they have no outer shell and are easily crushed by the mail sorting machines. I recieved a batch of flat seeds today for the second time (Different sender) and am starting to find the whole thing depressing...:-(

Please, for the sake of the seeds and the one getting them, use a puffy envelope.

You make a good point -- I've only been able to sprout a few batches of seed, even though I always use the same conditions in the same location. Maybe that's why I've had such bad luck with nep seed.

Just some info for ppl who never bought padded envelopes.
The smallest size available over here (just small enough to fit in a regular A5 envelope) costs €0.20 over here at the local office supply store.

Just got some nep seed back from an sase.
The padded envelope i sent didnt make it back in 1 piece.
It looks like someone has gone to extreme efforts to burst every single bubble :p
It also looks like it has been folded a couple of times...

Yeah, the postal system has a lot to be desired.

Back