What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reptile show today - 2 new lizards

• Thread starter elgecko
  • Start date

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
Ran out to Philadelphia today after some OT at work for a reptile show.

Came home with 2 new Leopard Geckos.

1st is a Mack Snow Albino. The breeder believes that the albino was from a Tremper Albino.

New-Leos-005.jpg

New-Leos-004.jpg

2nd is a Mack Snow. - 100% het for Las Vegas Albino, and 100% het for Blizzard

New-Leos-013.jpg

New-Leos-014.jpg

Oooh, nice. There's a reptile show coming up in 2 weeks, I plan on getting me a nice crested gecko, can't wait.

Where in Philly is the show, and for how long?

Very nice looking lizards!

Cool! Did you have to bring suitcase of unmarked bills or did they take credit cards?
At the only reptile show we've ever had in MN they didn't accept cards - I guess I'm lucky kinda in a way! LOL

The show was not as nice as the Hamburg show and an hour more drive for me.

I do not recall seeing any Cobras at the Hamburg show, which was cool to see. (This show and Hamburg can have venous snakes and lizards.)
I have not been to the Hamburg show since last year. There's one coming up in October. Maybe I'll have to go to that one.
I usually go to the Havre de Grace, MD show since that one is every month. When the urge to go to a show happens, it's not that long of a wait usually. The Hamburg show is around 4 times a year.

Where in Philly is the show, and for how long?

Very nice looking lizards!
Philly Expo Center. 1 Day - August 28th.

This link seems to have a lot of the reptile shows posted:
http://www.herper.com/forum/events.html

Cool! Did you have to bring suitcase of unmarked bills or did they take credit cards?
At the only reptile show we've ever had in MN they didn't accept cards - I guess I'm lucky kinda in a way! LOL
Some venders take plastic.

Mack Snows have been around for several years now and an ailing economy, I got great deals on them. The Mack Snow was only $30.00 & the Mack Snow Albino was $50.00.

It's not like the new black morph, Black Pearl, that go for $3,000.00 a piece. There is only one supplier for them currently, maybe another year or 2 and you will see many of them out there a lot cheaper.

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Here's the link to the Black Pearls:

http://www.theurbangecko.com/availability_pearl.html

They just pulled a couple gators out of the Mississippi river the other day, we don't generally have gators in MN above the lochs, so we'll probably be seeing the end of the gators at the reptile shows and shops around here. I missed the second show 2 weeks ago. :(

Some venders take plastic.

Mack Snows have been around for several years now and an ailing economy, I got great deals on them. The Mack Snow was only $30.00 & the Mack Snow Albino was $50.00.

It's not like the new black morph, Black Pearl, that go for $3,000.00 a piece. There is only one supplier for them currently, maybe another year or 2 and you will see many of them out there a lot cheaper.

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Here's the link to the Black Pearls:

http://www.theurbangecko.com/availability_pearl.html

Don't know how much Leos normally go for, but $30 sounds like a great price!

for the nj people and ny people try the whiteplains show. also has some cps.

Back