What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes in clay

hello everyone,

after many years of standstill, I decided to take the clay sculpture.
My first project is a Nepenthes villosa, here is a first photo, There are still lots of work
villosasculpture.jpg

Very nice! Im surprised there isn't more artwork like this out there. Makes me which I was still in a high school ceramics class... =)

Pygo - looking great! Very cool! :hail:

Makes me which I was still in a high school ceramics class... =)
Hey - that's what community college (& ymca & local artisan & ...) art classes are all about! Never too late to go for it!

You should make one large enough to plant Nepenthes out of, LOL. That would be awesome. Very nice artwork there by the way.

Far out! I love seeing sculpture! Will you be firing it? I love working in earth clay but have no way to fire it so for any serious projects I want to finish I use Super Sculpey since it turns to plastic in the oven.

My first sculpture/resin model kit I produced for sale in 2004 was N. inermis. Sold a whopping 10 or so! LOL

Niiice... I need to get back into clay too :p

Back