What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Cephalotus pics

Had some time today after work to take a few pics of my Cephalotus collection... Cephalotus are quickly taking over as my favorite CP, even over neps lol, hard to believe that...

One of my Typical Cephalotus, filling out in its new pot nicely...
DSC_0539-1.jpg

DSC_0540.jpg

DSC_0549.jpg

'Hummers Giant' that i just recently repotted...
DSC_0550.jpg

Typical and 'Hummers Giant' side by side in the tank.
DSC_0551.jpg

Young 'Hummers Giant' i took from a leaf pulling awhile back
DSC_0553.jpg

Newly acquired *within the last 2 days* typical, should take right off if its anything like the others...
DSC_0552.jpg

Enjoy :)

Very beautiful Cephalotus! Where did you buy your newest typical? If you dont mind me asking, that is:).

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice!

Nice i hope my new plantling turns out to look like those.

Dionae, ill send you a PM... i received all of the Cephalotus in this thread from him except for the baby C. 'Hummers Giant', the others were all about the same size as the new typical when i received them as well....

Thanks eou, and good luck, Cephalotus is a great plant, albeit a finicky one at times

Last edited by a moderator:
SirKristoff,
Beautiful plants.

What media are you using, and how do you water yours?

Very nice plants. Judging by their color they seem to be getting strong light.

Thanks guys, the media I use is a mix of peat/perlite/sand with a top dressing of lfs, I top water around the edge of the pot once a week or whenever the top dressing of moss is dry (this is the main reason I add the moss).
Lighting is from 3x 2 bulb 24watt fixtures, 6 lights total about 4" away from the plants. You'll notice the large plants are elevated on pots to aid in air circulation, stronger light, and keeping them from sitting in water in the tank. The temps are intermediate, 75 or so in the day, 60 at night. Humidity levels are low, around 40-50%. The neps don't mind it in there. Low humidity has cut out the mildew issues in my experience

Yes it does help when you don't have high humidity except with a Heliamphora then you have some probs.

Back