What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes spectabilis x aristolochioides troubles

mikefallen13

Mr. veitchii
Well I have been noticing that my Nepenthes spectabilis x aristolochioides has been producing really strangely shaped leaves, so I checked for pests none! Then the leaves coming out were even more mutated and shrunken some didn't even have tendrils. This morning I noticed the growth point had gone brown so I trimmed down below the brown part. What I'd like to know is what would cause this? I love this plant so I'd like to know what I'm I doing wrong so this does not happen again.
And of course I grow this with all my other Nepenthes on my grow-shelf with no humidity control.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be problems with the roots ?
It sounds a bit like what my Nepenthes x hookeriana had, that was caused by soil going bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
This happened to mine about a year ago, it made deformed leaves. It had spidermites, and was losing its roots. I repotted it, and sprayed it with neem oil. Its is very healthy now, although the main growthpoint on yours might die off...

So I suggest you inspect the roots and see if they are coming off.

Last edited:
I'll check the roots later, it's due for a re-pot anyway.

I checked the roots and they are fine but the medium was very deteriorated and tightly packed I repotted it so we will see how it does.

Back