What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I wanted to share some pictures I took today of some Nepenthes that were looking good in the Meadowview greenhouse. Meadowview's Nepenthes collection is comprised of donation by generous members.

Nepenthes albomarginata - gift from Doug Walker, leaves and pitchers are red.
n-albomarginata-meadowview.jpg

Nepenthes copelandii - elegant upper pitcher, this one I donated.
n-copelandii.jpg

Nepenthes maxima - this is a plant I grew out from seed, it is now flower. Looks similar to the BE 'Tentena' clone.
n-maxima.jpg

Nepenthes alata - I believe this was a donation from Bill Scholl. This plant has a vine probably 10 plus feet long and several offshoots. This is one of the offshoots.
nepenthes-alata-meadowview.jpg

Here is one of the basals
nepenthes-alata-2-meadowview.jpg

Nepenthes bicalcarata - This is a plant I donated when I came to the realization that I could no longer grow ultra-lowland plants. I think this is just the standard red flush clone.
nepenthes-bicalcarrata-meadowview.jpg

Nepenthes insignis - Don't see to many insignis plants these days. This was a Doug Walker donation.
nepenthes-insignis-meadowview.jpg

Nepenthes khasiana - We have several Nepenthes khasiana strains from Bill Scholl at Meadowview.
nepenthes-khasiana-meadowview.jpg

Nepenthes maxima - Large pitcher.
nepenthes-maxima-meadowview.jpg

Nepenthes mirabilis - Doug Walker donation.
nepenthes-mirabilis.jpg

Nepenthes northiana - This plant is back in action after we repotted it last December.
nepenthes-northiana-meadowview.jpg

'Red Dragon' Just awesome looking pitchers. I got this plant three years ago and it got too big for me, moved it over to Meadoview were it has gotten even bigger.
nepenthes-red-dragon-meadowview.jpg

Nepenthes truncata - Not bad, I think this plant was TC received from AGIII.
nepenthes-truncata-meadowview.jpg

Nepenthes veitchii 'k' - This was a donation of mine, good to see it is flowering.
nepenthes-veitchii-K-meadoview.jpg

Secret Sarracenia crosses, there are several shelves of seedlings under lights in the greenhouse.
sarracenia-seedlings-meadowview.jpg

Ah, I had to take a picture of a clump of Leucos
sarracenia-leucophylla-meadowview.jpg

Hope you enjoy.

:drool: Those leucos.

Thanks for sharing these. :)

Nice nepenthes!

Beautiful. :)

Very cool!

you never fail to impress mike. you could show me a friggen D. capensis and i would be in awe. you're such a great grower!

Wow. There has been a lot of growth and progress in just the past couple months. Good to see :)

Wow everything looks amazing! Especially the leucos!

Everything looks great!

Thanks for sharing!

Oh how I miss my red dragon

Everything has grown so much since August! When did we get that insignis? I new the maxima was going to flower soon, but not the veitchii. I'm surprised to see a new pitcher on the dark lip maxima already, and truncata. N. northiana is a machine!!! It had 2 pitchers the last time I saw it. I need to get up there for fall break. This is the only thing I don't like about working nights on the weekend. Man, those seedling has put on some height!

I have a N. smilesii that I should be able to drop off in the spring. It's turning red, has a new pitcher inflating, and 2 basals growing.

Wow that northiana is amazing!!

Wait, when did we get N. insignis and why haven't I seen it?

:drool: northiana.. :drool:

have to agree northiana looks stunning

Great plants....My red dragons pitchers are almost identical to those in the pictures...same size/colour etc..I'm curious, does the peristrome fold back on the red dragon? cos mine started to produce pitchers which don't really fold the peristrome that much...hoping it stays the same as it matures

Red Dragon doesn't pull the peristome back as far as truncata does. It stays flat like that as long as the pitcher lives.

The northiana gets better and better every week.

Back