What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new heli chamber

Working on new heli chamber.... but had to drop back and punt and put up a temp unit till i can work out some technical issues.

havent worked on the temporary bottom shelf yet... should have it operational tuesday.

plenty of repotting still needs done.... but loving the new, large square pots but man do they use up the substrate supplies.

rack2.JPG

ugh... but oh well, the end result will be nice

Av

Very nice. Already loving what you got. Can't wait till you show us the self watering system!

Very nice Butch! :hail:

Last edited:
Very nice. Can I have it?

Butch!!!:hail:

Wow, thats a sweet setup!

Thanks, but this is not what it was suppose to be.... ugh.

I am unable to use my 6 bulb T5 as it is now.... had to drop back and install a 4 bulb that i had laying around as a spare.

my poor plants LOL

Butch,

What do you use for the reflecting material? It looks like foil on some sheets (styrofoam) ?

Thank you.

Home constuction mylar covered foam panels from Home Depot or Lowe's or wherever.

They come in various thicknesses..

The 4'x8' panels are cheap and they are the perfect rack component IMHO

another pic...
rack1.JPG

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

My final design will be very similar of course... but with auto watering and utilizing my big light. The basic design has proven uber effective over the years. I see no need to change the fundimental design.

Av

Sweet setup, I had no idea Home Depot had mylar covered foam panels.... Nice!

I recommend the aluminum duct tape too... its a little expensive but omg is it nice.

A drywall Tee Square is uber handy if you can borrow one (or buy)

Sweet setup, I had no idea Home Depot had mylar covered foam panels.... Nice!

Yeah me too. I'm checking their online catalog for mylar, foam, pane, reflective and combination of those and can't find much yet. Will visit the store today and ask someone there. Do they sell them covered in mylar?

Sorry if it is a stupid question, I'm feeling a bit slow today.

Thanks in advance!

I think they call them foil covered, but they appear to really be Mylar...

I know Lowe's has a good selection.... I assume HD does as well, but there isnt one near me so can't say for sure.

Very common in the building construction trade.

Av

Outstanding, Butch!

Very nice, Butch. I''ll be plagiarizing soon . . .

Wow, I didn't know they made those either...I need some more reflecting material since switching to a grow rack from tanks. Do they made them in smaller sizes and/or are they easy to cut to fit smaller dimensions? I see you did some cutting to get the fans in at least.

Hi Butch
long time no see or hear , your new set up looks very nice , shame you can not get that extra light to the lower tray , I dont seem to have permission to post any pic's here ?? was going to show you the heli tank before I decommission it now winter is over , they did well and the seedling did grow well , but the green house still is out preforming the tank by a long way , once again can not post any pic's ?/ ???
any how when I can will show you the difference
J

I checked out home depot yesterday, found those panels. They were 15$/panel of 3/4" thickness and one side only is covered with mylar. Its around 3' x 8'. Ended up coming home empty handed as my Honda Civic coupe cannot carry that + I didn't want to cut it up right there without planning.

But nice to see you can get some light in the bottom shelf B....put those 2' fixtures to use for now. ;)

jpappy.... easy to cut, basically styrofoam with a thin mylar layer... cant get much easier unless it was hot butter :p

Snapper.... Oye mate, your pics have to be hosted off site... something like photobucket
good to see ya too!

Varun, 15 CDN isnt bad mate.... especially for 3/4", very good price.... seems like I gave more then that... but dont remember, Ive had mine a long time.

T8's will be up tomorrow on the lower shelf and probably another group abover the T5 section.... just have to see

But i may retire the 6 bulb fixture for a bit and see how they do... i would give up a little color to have a nice clean self watering design. At least for a little while.... :0o:

Back