What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eden Black Seed Trouble

Uh oh, I bought some Eden Black x Self seeds from Stephen and it has been two weeks... Do you think it has been lost? The tracking number says that it has been delivered via registered mail in Seattle. I live in Portland.

Whether or not it was intentional, you're not getting it
Go back and check you gave him the right address, if you did demand a new shipment or a refund;)

If you are receiving the seeds legally with a permit they have to enter the US through your designated Plant Inspection Station. The nearest station to you is at SeaTac airport. Once they pass through quarantine they will either be forwarded to you or you have make arrangements to pick them up or have them sent to you.

If don't have an import permit :nono: and all bets are off.

Wait is stephen international?
Sorry I assumed he was someone on tf

No it is legally being imported, I own a Small Lots of Seed permit. They send it to the inspection station and then to you?

Yes. The green and yellow label goes on the outside of the package and that tells the post office to forward it to the designated inspection station. If everything is copacetic the USDA will mail it to you or contact you on how to get it to you.

No it is legally being imported, I own a Small Lots of Seed permit. They send it to the inspection station and then to you?
As long as you followed directions (& Stephen did also). Permit address labels on outside of package & copy of permit on inside.

To make things somewhat more consolidated, I've scanned the permit pages, resized (smaller) and print them out so they all fit on the front & back of one sheet of paper. I also place an inventory of what's in the package in a spare space on the page.

My local inspection station has never taken longer than one day & usually gets it out the same day they receive it.

Yep it's probably been lost. USPS delivery confirmation says the package was delivered to the inspection station at Sea-Tac. Whether or not the seeds arrive to me from the inspection station is unknown. Either way I'm calling them first thing next morning.

Aww that stinks
Hope things get sorted out

Ahhh thank you.

Back