What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

of stick insects and hummingbirds

• Thread starter thez_yo
  • Start date

thez_yo

instigator
Sorry about the blurry.. it's been rainy lately.

PB050078.jpg

PB050079.jpg

PB120089.jpg

PB120090.jpg

he's so fast... it's such a blur!

PB120092.jpg

PB120093.jpg

PB120095.jpg

IT WORKS! Cool little feeder thez. Very cool indeed. I love hummingbirds.

Cool stick bug. That hummingbird is a cute blur :lol:

Hummingbirds are cool! By the time I can get a camera ready to snap a picture the hovering act has passed.

Aw, cute! Your feeder is really pretty too.

Awesome pics!

Love the Phasmid!

The hummingbird is nice too but I "never" see wild stick insects (I did once - like 25+ years ago).

:laaa: :laaa: Hummingbird- on your balcony! Love it :)

Cool! Wish I could get a hummingbird to visit me...

Wow, Zuzana, those walking sticks were bigger than those apartment buildings!

Thanks guys, and yeah bella!

So here's pics with the new camera... Nikon DSLR. Just zoomed in as far as the lens that came with it could go and went off..

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

These are only the first few pictures I've ever taken with it :blush: so I'm sure I'll do better with time but I think it can only get better from here!

Thez, so excited to discover the photographs of the hummingbird using the hummingbird feeder. I am the Etsy shop owner who sold you the feeder. I was looking at traffic sources for my Etsy store, discovered terraforums, and here I am!

The flower on the feeder is a Spigelia, and I can see why you chose it. From a design standpoint, it harmonizes perfectly with your epiphytes. The same curving, narrow shape in the flower petals is found in the leaves of the balcony plants. Really fun to see!

Thanks for posting the photograph, and nice to see those California hummers drinking from a Pennsylvania made feeder.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Didn't notice when I wrote that previous comment, that you had posted more photos with your new camera. Nice! Lovely to see the Anna's hummingbird using the Four O'Clock. I'm glad they're working out for you.

Cool stick insect, too. All my years out in the woods and I've never seen one (or, maybe I have, and thought it was a stick!) :)

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

Or is it an Anna's? Not sure I'm up on my California hummingbirds.

Cool hummer shots. I love to take pictures of them in my yard, but can never get them to hold still long enough :lol:

Oh... thanks guys :) I'm surprised to see this thread revived so much later..

Back