What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music

• Thread starter Rokosauros
  • Start date

Rokosauros

Edward
So I was wondering, how many of the TF guys play any type of musical instrument SERIOUSLY (cuz most of you guys play guitar I bet). What type of music do you guys prefer? For me, I'm the old school type, I only listen to classical music nowadays and play them on the piano, though I do enjoy songs from the 70s, 80s, and 90s.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=/watch?v=ZMv09VbrnpE&v=ZMv09VbrnpE&gl=MY

Ummmmm, it's a mobile version link and I'm not sure it can whether you can can view it. But anyways, that's me narrating in the video and playing the piece!

C'mon guys, post videos or audio files of your music playing! :)

i play an instrument, piano....unlike my sister who can play multiple instruments (guitar, piano, voice), but the one i play, i think i play pretty well. classically trained for 20 years. have done improv for 6. love debussy. one of my favorite impressionists.

i'd play and post, but for OCD musicians like me, the home piano is out of tune and keyboards sound fake...so there. maybe i can dig up a video of me playing at a wedding somewhere....

I did a dark ambient project called Cernunnos Woods in the early 1990s. It was synthesizer, nature sounds and narrations based in Celtic druidry and folklore. Occasionally there are songs from the debut album, various demo tapes and compilations that CW had appeared on that pop up online.

Nothing super serious but I do play the trumpet and did play the sax (dabbled with the clarinet too) in the past. No videos of myself though.

Mmmmmm, yea, I do remember seeing Jacob Farin playing the flute on YouTube before :)

I personally prefer Chopin and then Debussy followed by the majority of the Romantic period music composers.

Btw, is the link usable?

@roko: yes, definitely agree with you there---honoring the predecessors... ;) impressionists were the new romantics....

I've tried playing everything... Piano, then guitar, then violin, ect... I didn't like practicing. I can't read music either, it was really hard for me because I have a tracking problem. I played by ear and fooled my teachers into thinking I was playing it correctly. So I don't play anything.

I like Nicki Minaj, Lady Gaga, Uffie, Yelle, Kate Ryan... Really girly singers basically. :lac:

OMG this times 10000000000!! Debussy is one of my favorites of all time. Here's one that I like too (from Ravel):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTYUyDjVCRU basically my favorite piece.

I kinda play piano and I'm starting to pick up trumpet again. I like mostly classical stuff but other things can be good too (as long as they're mostly tonal and sound good)

Monkeys, 4 Tops, Stylistics, Animals, Petula Clark, Hollies, Pat Benatar,
Billy Idol, Bon Jovi, John Cougar Mlonhead, Weird Al, Madonna, Debbie
Gibson, Rick Astley, Clash, Slade, Boney M, Ramones, GoGo's Belinda
Carlisle, Cyndi Lauper, Joan Jett, Simon & Garfunkel, Paul Simon, Gloria
Gaynor, Laura Branigan, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Avril Lavigne, Lady
Gaga, Pink, Taylor Swift, Kelly Clarkson, Gary Puckett, Jackson 5, Michael
Jackson, Osmonds, Katy Perry, Glen Campbell, Shaun Cassidy, Leif Garrett, 3
Dog Night, Berlin, Josie Cotton, Ke$ha, Katy Perry, Lifehouse, Pitbull, Dragonette, Pink, Ladt Gaga, Enrique Eglesias, Flo-Rida, Kelly Clarkson, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj

after two years in beginning band in grade school...I was asked (told) by the teacher to pursue something else in life.
I cannot keep a beat properly
My fav music is Little Feat, Brewer and Shipley, old Greatful Dead ( I guess it's all old now).

That's very beautiful playing Roko, very nice!

I try to play any instrument I can but the only ones I play well are guitar and my voice. I write my own music and compose mostly acoustic stuff. I have been getting more into keys and synths lately and just acquired a 1960 Hammond M3 organ, I love playing Piano, though I am not very good at all.

I'll play anything!

I have posted my soundcloud on here before, but it usually never gets very many comments.:poke:

I have posted my soundcloud on here before, but it usually never gets very many comments.:poke:

Let's continue this thread with more music eh? I'll add a lame piece that I made last year (terribad recording and piano, just consider it an effect)
http://snd.sc/hktVyn

I like techno lots. And I play around on GarageBand quite a bit, but I don't have anything worth sharing yet...

i play piano and guitar

Back