What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

all of my current sarr.

uphwiz

jimmy
this is the best i can offer my saracenia I now live right at the base of a mini mountain , north side, the sun goes down at about 4pm and the only way I could get full sun would be to put them right at he road in front of the house, the road is fairly well traveled so i am also concerned about theft, if i put them so close to the road they would draw too much attention . so her's what I'm able to do at this time, they do seem to be coming along fairly well. but some just aren't going to color up for me.
carmelitta.jpg
carmelittaa.jpg
Copy2ofdoodlebug2.jpg
Copy2ofdoodlebug.jpg
Copyofrubricorpa.jpg
THIS IS AN OPEN POLLINATED SEED FROM ANDREW, THIS IS ITS SECOND YEAR . I STARTED THE SEED INSIDE IN LATE FALL 2010 , LOOKS TO BE VERY PROMISING
IMG_5775andearn.jpg
Copy2ofIMG_5774.jpg
Copy2ofIMG_5773.jpg
Copy2ofhetrophulla.jpg

CopyofIMG_5778.jpg
Copyoflovebug.jpg
Copyoflovebug2.jpg
Copyoforeophyll.jpg

very nice looking sarrs

It looks like you are having some mild aphid caused deformations. Alot of my pitchers showed the same thing this spring. I used a systemic insecticide on them which was worked very well but needs reapplied monthly to keep them from coming back. I have never actually seen any aphids on my plants but get alot of the mishapen pitchers early in the growing season indicative of the damage they cause.

chezilla if you could what is the name of your systemic and il try some , i was wondering what caused the deformation , ill give it a try

I used Bayer Advanced Rose and Flower Insect Killer. Got it at Lowes. One caveat that isnt on the label is that imidacloprid (one of thethe active ingredients) is highly toxic to bees. I waited until the flowers were spent and pulled all the petals before applying. Apparently one bee can take the pollen from the flower of one treated plant and affect the whole hive.

Back