What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Science/Taxonomy discussion section...

Hi y'all,

I was thinking it would be nice to have a section on TF dedicated to taxonomy and science talk (such as plant genetics, more of that cool pollen tube stuff)

A lot of these conversations stay relegated to the chatbox, and I think it would be cool to have some of them more easily available for public reading. I'd certainly like to be able to discuss taxonomic changes with the people on the forum...

I don't even know if it is possible to add new sections to the forum... But if it is, perhaps this would be a nice addition worth considering...

Gabriel

I like this idea.

A big taxonomic confusion for me is D. sp. "South Africa". Mine looks practically identical to D. venusta.

Drosera Villosa is just a Capensis "Red". -_-

Yes Alex, I'll take "Sections I wouldn't post in or read in 10000000 years" for 200. :lol:

I think it's a great idea. A lot of the more casual threads that have these discussions in them often have a lot more banter or casual talk (which is fine) but if you were really interested in finding out the nitty gritty it would be good to have a forum section dedicated to that. I concur.

I think it's a great idea. A lot of the more casual threads that have these discussions in them often have a lot more banter or casual talk (which is fine) but if you were really interested in finding out the nitty gritty it would be good to have a forum section dedicated to that. I concur.

I second that.
It could turn out to be popular, Exo. You never know.

geeks....

throwing out scientific peer articles like hotcakes.... i am so game.

I can not hurt to try. :D

I've always wondered, what causes Drosera tentacle movement? Is it electrical impulses?

I think it's a fantastic idea..now to hold a vote for the most taxonomically inclined to be the moderator

I like this idea.

A big taxonomic confusion for me is D. sp. "South Africa". Mine looks practically identical to D. venusta.

Mine doesn't look much like D. venusta, except maybe a similarity in leaf shape, colour, and the flower. :p

Great idea!

Back